Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th December 2020, 21:10   #12191
Steve Driffield

Thumbs up What I did with my 75 today

Took my ‘05 75 cdti out for a nice drive, I’m at work and the young lady I look after loves going out for a drive, so even though, it was dark and raining, the Rover did it’s job well, and made the journey very pleasant in spite of the weather.
Awaiting some dry days to fit Egr bypass kit!!
Old 12th December 2020, 22:15   #12192
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Got a spare few mins and popped on my stainless bumper fixing kit from dmgrs before returning to the other half’s Astra to leak find in the boot, the hate for that car grows each and every day!
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2020, 23:23   #12193
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Lifted one side at a time. As long as the jack could pull itself under the car as it starts to lift.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
Agree, though I can’t do that safely as the surface is too rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello Alan & Mick.
Please be careful using four axle stands like that, do not think the car cannot rock off them or they cannot topple because they can, the only real safe way is to use four car ramps as here below.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2020, 00:29   #12194
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hello Alan & Mick.
Please be careful using four axle stands like that, do not think the car cannot rock off them or they cannot topple because they can, the only real safe way is to use four car ramps as here below.
I know they could topple off, the stands were creaking too much as I lifted it front to rear, which is why I went side to side (notice how the legs are positioned on the ground too). I had never done it before, normally choosing to work on it one side at a time, if I needed to work on the length.

I dont think I would do it again, mainly as it took forever to lift it up and back down, going up in stages - besides, I dont think I can think of a reason to, the only time in 30 years, I think I can work around it lol. I have to say, thanks to our chassis, it went up quite well.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2020, 07:57   #12195
hst125
Loves to post

2004 ZTT CDTi manual, 2017 Fiat 500L MPW, 1946 MG TC

Default What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Got a spare few mins and popped on my stainless bumper fixing kit from dmgrs before returning to the other half’s Astra to leak find in the boot, the hate for that car grows each and every day!

We had a several Zafiras and Astras in succession and I hated most of them for many reasons, not least of which was a propensity to blow brake light bulbs! Curiously I thought this may be your leak? The rear lights need to be completely removed to change the bulbs, weakening the seals?

Old 13th December 2020, 10:03   #12196
hst125
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I know they could topple off, the stands were creaking too much as I lifted it front to rear, which is why I went side to side (notice how the legs are positioned on the ground too). I had never done it before, normally choosing to work on it one side at a time, if I needed to work on the length.

I dont think I would do it again, mainly as it took forever to lift it up and back down, going up in stages - besides, I dont think I can think of a reason to, the only time in 30 years, I think I can work around it lol. I have to say, thanks to our chassis, it went up quite well.

Back in 1986 I had a 1600E with a weak gearbox. I bought a couple of replacements from scrappers only to find they never fitted. A consequence of which was my well rehearsed ability to whip out the box and I got it down to almost 10 minutes - I drove it onto the ramps then a jack under the diff and on the stands! Mind you I was 19 then so a lot more enthusiastic than I would be now....

Old 13th December 2020, 22:31   #12197
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Today was a quick wash of the ZT, as soon as I got the marcher out it started to bucket down so I ended up as wet as the car lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
We had a several Zafiras and Astras in succession and I hated most of them for many reasons, not least of which was a propensity to blow brake light bulbs! Curiously I thought this may be your leak? The rear lights need to be completely removed to change the bulbs, weakening the seals?

That was my first thought but can’t see anything getting in on checking there and the first look found a poorly sealing rubber boot at the top and I sealed up that and also any gaps under the boot seal itself.
After washing it too and with the weather being rubbish there’s no sign of fresh dribbles in the boot but will be watching carefully. Hopefully the new wiper linkage and motor will be here tomorrow seeing as that also gave up the ghost the other day
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2020, 09:58   #12198
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Strictly speaking, 'what I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT the day before yesterday.' changed front nearside headlight on the 1.8T tourer as a suspected short in the headlight seems to be what's causing partial shutdown of the lighting system (only one headlight and half the indicators working intermittently, dash lighting off) when the lights are switched on.
Substitute LSM got same result, When it's working it works fine. Finally on Friday it had 'gone' again after a small pothole, after a stop and going again it just started working. Stopped at the supermarket with it working. On return to the car noticed it not working when unlocking due to no indicators flashing. the only thing that could have caused a change is the only thing that moves, the headlamp aim. Sure enough playing with the headlight aim produced much flickering of dash lighting. Lucky got a spare pair of lamps on the shelf, still not fun in the wet trying to drop the bumper cover off to change the light.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2020, 15:11   #12199
hst125
Loves to post

Finally got underneath to fix the loose heat shield. Strange how something so trivial can make so much racket, especially when I switched the car off..
Whilst it was up I also replaced the H7 bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker, silver version.
And I tested the G3 on a small mop, took a lot of the scuff out of the rear door, looking good for better weather when I can mop the whole car. Also did G10 on the headlights to optimise the new bulbs, will test them on the way home from work later this week.
Oh and whilst under the car I noticed it had recent top arms at the back so sorry Mat I won’t be needing yours just yet! But it frees up money for the X Power springs!!

Old 14th December 2020, 15:26   #12200
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Decided to go and start the diesel up in the garage.About three weeks since last time I think. Took the dust cover off the car , inserted key and fired up straight away. Put fbh on until it was upto the halfway mark on the coolant temp dial. Then lightly revved it to 2,000. RPM for around half an hour to get the oil and water upto temp. Noticed once again that the disc’s were still nice and shiny. Nice and dry underneath the body.