Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th July 2017, 10:19   #1
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default Need "How To" remove ZT-T Driver's Door Handle.

I obtained a suitable pull cable from my last Breaker Yard visit. Removed door card and after much trial and error, including loosening the door glass Channel Guides, I was able to remove the Door Lock Assembly. Soon had the replacement pull cord cable in place. However, because of very limited and difficult access, I was not able to reconnect the pull rod from the Door Handle to the Door Lock Assembly below. I must have tried for at least and hour and a half but, I could not get the Door Handle to Door Lock rod in place. I think I will need to remove the door handle to see how it locates and connects. Even using a small mirror and torch I could not see what went where precisely. I believe I can only do that with the pull handle removed from the door itself. Then I can closely look at the fittings and their orientation.

So, how can the Chrome outer Door Handle be removed. I've taken a few images to show the door pull handle components. Even so, I cannot see how the assembly can be released and withdrawn from the door skin.

Any help or guidance here greatly appreciated.

If ever I need to do a similar job, first thing I would do is move the Glass Guide Channels to provide much better access. Live and learn.
[/SIZE]
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 10:38   #2
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

These pics may help (from JIMBO) hard to find anything useful now that Photobucket have taken their ball home
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...89&postcount=1
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 12:51   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I had the same problems when fitting a new door lock/actuator. Moving the right hand window guide/mechanism made the job a little easier. Two bolts out of it and then it's very flexible and can be moved over to the left giving more wiggle room. The springs on the nylon piece had rusted away completely so, as I needed the car, I thought that I would try refitting the nylon piece without the springs. It eventually clicked/snapped back into place and I could get it back together. The door latch works fine without the springs. I managed fine, without removing the door handle, once that I'd got the nylon piece back in. Just moved the window mechanism back over, bolts back in and good to go. Apart from the sore knees, bruised knuckles and bad back!