Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th August 2018, 16:41   #1
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Default Mk2 Starlight Silver Limousine

Hi all,

Recently purchased a MK2 Starlight Silver LWB as previously owned by Rev_Jules! It's a lovely car, and I've found a fair bit of information about the car online. I thought I'd start this thread as a sort of repository for anything I've found / or anything anyone else on here might know!

The car came off the Longbridge production line in January 2003 as a standard length 75. It was converted by McNellie coachbuilders in late 2003 before being registered in April 2004, however it was not PDI'd until November 2004 by "MG-Rover Fleet Services". Despite the car being built as a MK1 example, MG-Rover converted it to MK2 specification including all the electrical functions. There has been speculation that it could be the car that was photographed for the 2004 Facelift LWB brochure... It would be interesting to find out if there were any other Starlight Silver limos floating about Longbridge in 2003 / early 2004?

The car is clearly designed to look as if it was built at Longbridge. There is no McNellie badging anywhere on the car (window stamps etc...). The VIN does single it out as a McNellie car though.

I have no record of previous owners prior to December 2010, however it had covered 75,502 miles at its first MOT in April 2017. After this date I strongly suspect it was registered as a private hire vehicle, as it received it's next MOT in November 2017 and again in May 2008. Looking at the service history at this time the car was based around Uxbridge and later High Wycombe. I wonder if it spent its time doing airport runs around the M25...

Alarmingly it seems to have gone from 87419 miles in November 2017 to 133698 miles within a year, with no intermediate oil change! After this the car reverts to annual MOT tests so I suspect the owner was 'running it into the ground' before changing to a newer vehicle. Thankfully the 2.5 KV6 runs sweetly and the oil remains nicely golden.

Since then the car seems to have been owned by a selection of enthusiasts including doing a stint as a wedding car with a company called Haywards Carriages.

If anyone knows anything about this history of this vehicle, I'd love to know although I know it's been asked before on this forum.

Here's the car in question!

Sebastienclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 21:14   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Well done Tim, glad its gone to someone who will keep it as good as Jules did
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote