Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th September 2018, 11:27   #1
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Question Making a start on CSC renewal on my favourite MG ZT-T 1.8T

I am now in a position to make a start on Gearbox removal. Then fitting a new LUK Clutch Concentric Slave Cylinder to the car.

I purchased a LUK CSC item on the recommendation of MarinaBrian here who indicated best to avoid cheaper identical looking items. That cost £60+ delivered and came in the genuine LUK Box and with LUK labels.

Some say it is possible to replace the CSC without sub-frame removal. That appeals if it means less work. Otherwise, I will remove the sub-frame completely as I'm in no hurry and time is on my side. Again, any comments for or against which sub-frame technique to use will be appreciated.
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2018, 13:25   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...23381&_sacat=0
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2018, 13:46   #3
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

We changed the clutch in ar kids v6 without removing subframe,and it was a right ballache.changed the clutch in my 1.8t,and removed the subframe,so much easier imho.i also made the gearbox hanger thingy to assist me with gearbox removal as i was doing it on my own as per usual��

Sent from my LG-M160 using Tapatalk
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2018, 17:40   #4
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

I fitted a borg and beck clutch and slave cylinder to my diesel two years 15k miles ago with no problems, car is on its original master cylinder just flushed plenty of fluid through before fitting the new slave, clutch is nice and light for a diesel.
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2018, 18:06   #5
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

I've changed the clutch using both methods.

The first time I tried without fully dropping the sub frame, I tried and tried and tried and in the end I dropped the subframe. I really struggled with it. You have to rotate the box so you clear all the Gubbins win removing and installing. You still have to remove the exhaust and steering rack....it just didn't work for me at all. There just wasn't enough room.

The second time I just removed the subframe completely. It was a significantly easier job and much quicker than all that faffing. I also removed the wing and front bumper. As you know they are only bolt ons and it gives a bit more room / access. Well I thought it did.
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote