Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th October 2019, 17:33   #1
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts
Default Btcc

Congratulations to Colin Turkington on winning his fourth BTCC Championship. I have to admit I wasn't overly enamoured at the title going to Dan Cammish, he was consistent but only two wins all season, he didn't deserve to lose the title due to a brake failure spearing him off the track in the final race of the season.

Well done to Jason Plato on winning the final race.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 18:00   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Was a cracking end to a great season

Wish I had gone but having done Snetterton and Knockhill this season, that was my allowance for the year

Here's a shot I took of Colin Turkington and his charge taken at Knockhill last month .

EY7P8966 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 13th October 2019, 18:45   #3
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Went to Silverstone this year, and probably be dragged to a couple next year following Speedworks.
Must admit can't get my head around the leading contenders for the championship seem to be content with finishing in the top few places rather than outright victories.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 22:05   #4
Kerthan23
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connie diesel, 1982 xr3 & 1974 gt Capri

Default Btcc

Was at knockhill this year and nice picture of BMW, Well done turkington but was about 50/50 with him and Neil coming together but no mention of how many people moved over so he gained massive amounts of places in first lap felt gutted for camish tho

Last edited by Kerthan23; 13th October 2019 at 22:08.. Reason: Alter
Kerthan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 22:30   #5
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerthan23 View Post
no mention of how many people moved over so he gained massive amounts of places in first lap felt gutted for camish tho
Agreed, I think it 2017 where I had similar thoughts, everyone seemed to holding up Sutton, but letting Turkington by.

Deeply disappointed by the result this year, I dislike Turkington almost as much as Neal, was delighted when it looked like Cammish was going to steal it, such a shame to lose out so close to the end, through no fault of his own.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 08:46   #6
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Brilliant end to the season and well done Colin. Speaking after the incident with Neal, although he was naturally upset, he was still humble and managed a smile and a joke........not too many drivers in that position would have even been talking to the cameras.

Out of all those in contention yesterday I wanted Jordan to win but when he didn't quite get the points, I wanted Colin to win as I dislike Cammish especially when his team mate spun him at the start of the second race.......no doubt in my mind he knew what he was doing ( shades of BTCC 10- 20 years ago!) .....he is no rookie, and as Turkington said, if that was a Honda in front he would have stayed on the brakes a fraction longer.

OK so some would have let him past on lap 1 of race 3 but he was still losing it even when he got passed Cammish with 3 laps to go and no chance of anymore place gains, ( if you have a much faster car behind with no weight and no axe to grind I think you would give it space) What a clear head when he gained a place maybe deemed illegally by giving the car in front a slight "push" and so had the sense to give the place back immediately so there would be no stewards enquiry.

Gods and karma on his side when Cammish went off, and fortunately was not hurt, giving a fantastic finale.

Stick that where the sun don't shine Neal.

Last edited by newhavenhibby; 14th October 2019 at 09:08..
newhavenhibby is offline   Reply With Quote