Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th April 2019, 15:09   #1
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default Abandoned Rovers!

Rover dealership in Bristol with what looks like abandoned Rover models!!!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 17:47   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Rover dealership in Bristol with what looks like abandoned Rover models!!!

I do believe this is Hursley Hill garage, He has various 75 in there with delivery mileage on them. But he is ASKING TOP BOOK prices for them, I even think he has a V 8 in there as well ...I t appears that he is not bothered if he sells them or not.

It has been mentioned many times on here.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 17:58   #3
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

That’s not a business. It’s a bunch of deluded fools gambling on the possible upturn on demand and prices of Rover cars. The cars are probably or very close to being beyond restoration.
There is a man who lives near to me that uses cars until they break then parks them for 10 or more years always insisting he will repair them.
Periodically a lorry and grabber turns up to clear his front garden.

Imagine the work required on steering, suspension, tyres and hoses to mention just a few areas of restoration. Does not add up at all.
Old 14th April 2019, 18:32   #4
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
That’s not a business. It’s a bunch of deluded fools gambling on the possible upturn on demand and prices of Rover cars. The cars are probably or very close to being beyond restoration.
There is a man who lives near to me that uses cars until they break then parks them for 10 or more years always insisting he will repair them.
Periodically a lorry and grabber turns up to clear his front garden.

Imagine the work required on steering, suspension, tyres and hoses to mention just a few areas of restoration. Does not add up at all.

Yes it seems a funny how do you do to me too!!! I cant understand someone letting those cars get in a state of repair like that!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 22:59   #5
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

This begs the question I have often pondered when reading some adverts, -Is a trader even allowed to sell a car to a member of the public (not involved in the car trade) without a current MoT? I once bought a 1953 Morris Oxford MO that had stood on the traders forecourt as an eye-catcher for several years. Apart from freeing off the brakes, pumping up the tyres, and buying it a battery and an oil change, it was ready for MoT which it passed first time. It was remarkably rust free, as most of those Rovers appear to be. Most of the muck would come off with a good jetwash.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 00:58   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
This begs the question I have often pondered when reading some adverts, -Is a trader even allowed to sell a car to a member of the public (not involved in the car trade) without a current MoT? I once bought a 1953 Morris Oxford MO that had stood on the traders forecourt as an eye-catcher for several years. Apart from freeing off the brakes, pumping up the tyres, and buying it a battery and an oil change, it was ready for MoT which it passed first time. It was remarkably rust free, as most of those Rovers appear to be. Most of the muck would come off with a good jetwash.
I would imagine that it is not necessary, however a dealer is obliged to sell the product fit for purpose and therefore would be obligated to provide some form of warranty . The terms on how it was sold, though, would determine the effect of any warranty. Eg' for parts only', stated on any invoice would get them off the hook. But if it was sold as a car, and it failed the mot, a buyer would have some redress within a reasonable mount of time (normally a.minmum of 3 months). Using sold as seen on an invoice apparently doesn't absolve a dealer. A valid mot though is a such a strong selling point for any car dealer so selling without one doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 10:45   #7
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
.............. It’s a bunch of deluded fools................

I believe this description could be applied to the majority of us. The people who delude themselves that they are driving desirable, luxury cars..........

The only difference is the scope of each person's delusion.

Personally, I would not mind being in the shoes of the person who can afford to park up 10+ nearly new cars for whatever reason of delusion.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 23:30   #8
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Worth asking at Hursley Hill about used spares. I got a complete set of VGC seats for my Sterling in there, Lee (the parts guy at the time) was very helpful.

I also sat in the V8. When I remarked about it to one of the lads I got an eyes raised to heaven reaction, don't think they're impressed with the cars sat there rusting away, never to be sold.
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 04:43   #9
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

At the end of the day they’re his cars so his choice what to do with them. As usual people have fanciful ideas of restoring these cars but many deserving from other sources still go for scrap. They can’t all be saved because people won’t put their money where their mouths are. Looking at the price on some of those cars for an enthusiast it may be worth the money but very few will do it because for most people they want their money back when they sell and sadly for most MG Rover cars that’s not going to happen yet
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 05:37   #10
mbev51
Banned

Removed

'Saved' for what? We will soon be driving just new electric cars. What then the future of old saved heritage cars? I've got perhaps 15 yrs of driving left, I'll just continue driving old diesels. I wouldn't want to invest good money in them, let's just drive them until we cannot, enjoying every days motoring.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote