Old 2nd December 2015, 11:10   #91571
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
That reminds me of " im going in wish me luck"
Yeah that sums it up perfectly. I think this might turn into a summer job next year, the enthusiasm isn't the same these days. crawling under & bending over cars requires lots of medication before I start jobs nowadays.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:39   #91572
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I'm busy doing nothing working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do, I would like to be unhappy but I really dont have the time.

Just hung the Chrissy lights up outside the house.

Where from????

Rev Jules.

:xmas-smiley-005::Ho lly2:
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:07   #91573
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Georgie has just been out for an hour,just had tea and biscuits,time to get in the armchair and check the back of my eyelids

Wake me at tea time

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:13   #91574
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Georgie has just been out for an hour,just had tea and biscuits,time to get in the armchair and check the back of my eyelids

Wake me at tea time

Sounds good to me, I'd just got comfy in the conservatory messing about upgrading the nmemory in a Win 7 PC that I had some spares knocking about. but the noise of the rain on the roof is defening. time to retreat.

Old 2nd December 2015, 14:45   #91575
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Sounds good to me, I'd just got comfy in the conservatory messing about upgrading the memory in a Win 7 PC that I had some spares knocking about. but the noise of the rain on the roof is deafening. time to retreat.
Hey Hey result!, I've been swapping & changing components from two old HP Compaq PC's, one 64 bit which had, it had a WIFI card in that was worse than useless. I've now got me old 32 bit with a full compliment of 4 GB memory:icon_mrgreen:, a new USB wireless adapter that cost 6 quid off ebay a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS over the Win 7 & It's much faster now. a better video card with DVI. I'm an happy chappy again.

Last edited by Lancpudn; 2nd December 2015 at 15:03..
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:45   #91576
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Us retired folk need our regular grub because we burn up energy doing nothing,ask Rod he is the master of doing nowt as he would say
I'll have you know I've been VERY busy this morning - only took me a little over 3 hours to change the driver's side dipped beam bulb
  • Stage 1 - attempt access with full lock on, but quickly decide it'll be
  • Stage 2 - better with wheel off - jack up, remove wheel, remove cable tie (!) that was holding the hatch in place in the arch liner.
  • Stage 3 - squeeze retaining clip to remove bulb - said retaining clip flies off, as it has not been properly mounted on the 'hinge' side
  • Stage 4 - replace bulb - no problem
  • Stage 5 - try to refit metal retaining clip - after 45 minutes and every swear word know to man - give up and decide to remove bumper
  • Stage 6 - remove bumper, having to hacksaw off one retaining bolt which was seized - and undertray then fell off
  • Stage 7 - remove headlight complete, after resorting to some old non-metric sockets hammered onto one fitting bolt - finishing job with mole grips
  • Stage 8 - fit new bulb and retaining clip - absolute piece of cake now it's so accessible
  • Stage 9 - put it all back together, scrabbling around in the garage for bolts etc. to replace the rusted variety.
  • Stage 10 - crawl underneath, remove two undertray retaining bolts at back of engine bay, and refit with enormous washers, as the bolt heads had pulled through the tray.
Bolt everything back up, torque up wheel bolts - switch ignition on and AAAARGH - bulb failure warning light STILL on ................ for only a few seconds, before it twigged that it was now working - phew

Now, my neck, back & knees are all aching, my fingers are scratched and scraped - wife has just taken pity on me and fed me a bacon buttie

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:54   #91577
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
I'll have you know I've been VERY busy this morning - only took me a little over 3 hours to change the driver's side dipped beam bulb
  • Stage 2 - better with wheel off - jack up, remove wheel, remove cable tie (!) that was holding the hatch in place in the arch liner.
  • Stage 3 - squeeze retaining clip to remove bulb - said retaining clip flies off, as it has not been properly mounted on the 'hinge' side
  • Stage 5 - try to refit metal retaining clip - after 45 minutes and every swear word know to man - give up and decide to remove bumper
  • Stage 6 - remove bumper, having to hacksaw off one retaining bolt which was seized - and undertray then fell off
  • Stage 7 - remove headlight complete, after resorting to some old non-metric sockets hammered onto one fitting bolt - finishing job with mole grips
  • Stage 8 - fit new bulb and retaining clip - absolute piece of cake now it's so accessible
  • Stage 9 - put it all back together, scrabbling around in the garage for bolts etc. to replace the rusted variety.
  • Stage 10 - crawl underneath, remove two undertray retaining bolts at back of engine bay, and refit with enormous washers, as the bolt heads had pulled through the tray.
Bolt everything back up, torque up wheel bolts - switch ignition on and AAAARGH - bulb failure warning light STILL on ................ for only a few seconds, before it twigged that it was now working - phew

Now, my neck, back & knees are all aching, my fingers are scratched and scraped - wife has just taken pity on me and fed me a bacon buttie
Flamin' heck! Rod, I've never had the pleasure of changing a headlight bulb, I hope I never do looking at that list. That would take my limbs two days to get over that.

Old 2nd December 2015, 15:53   #91578
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post

Must admit once tried changing a head light bulb, And this is on Face lift
that dos'nt have that spring clip,just twist in.
Gave up after 45 minutes popped up my local garage saw my usual mechanic all of 20 seconds was on my way home,He had the knack.

Now have HID's took the bumper off 10 minute job made life easy.

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:55   #91579
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Been a lovely dry day here.Changed wheels over for the winter today.
Was going to do them last week but just did not have the time.

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:58   #91580
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I changed mine 2 weeks ago,old ones out and new ones in,both sides in under 5 minutes,easy peasy and no scatched knuckles.

Rod did you read instructions which say "remove bulb from box"

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote