Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th June 2014, 08:45   #1
cmdrew
Regular poster

None of my own but now looking after 2

Default Symphony replace with Double Din

Hi - I'm sure this has been asked before but after a search and a google I haven't been able to find a definitive answer...

My father has a 2002 R75 currently fitted with the symphony head unit which has no CD player. I have a Clarion Double Din head unit which was fitted to my Sons Seat and was wondering what would be needed to get it to fit?

Is the symphony unit standard double din and do I need a bezel to make the new unit fill the hole left by the Symphony?

What wiring does the Symphony have - the Clarion comes with wiring to standard black and brown ISO connectors.

Thanks for any advice...
cmdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 09:38   #2
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Not sure about the Fascia, but you will need these cables to fit it and to make the steering controls work still....

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autol...l-adaptor.html

With the appropriate Patch Lead for Clarion...
Old 19th June 2014, 12:47   #3
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

The fascia's can be hit and miss. This one - Rover 75 Double Din Fascia - is a perfect fit in to the console but mounting your head unit to it will be a different story. That particular fascia doesn't have any mounting points so you will need to get creative. The opening will not facilitate a cage for the unit so you will need to either widen it out with some filing/dremel to get the cage in or make your own mounting points on to the back of the fascia using L-brackets so its a cage less mount, using the securing screw holes on the sides of the double din unit.

I think you can buy the BMW double din fascia's that may have the required mounting points built in but these go for ridiculous monies.

My dad mounted his double din head unit using the first method I mentioned using that same fascia from eBay, by widening the opening so it can be cage mounted. I installed mine by cutting up an old single din fascia I had spare, then spending time using filler and smoothing it down to neaten it up, then a few coats of primer and matte black paint to finish it off.
dadragon is offline   Reply With Quote