Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th March 2017, 16:43   #11
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Dead 1.8 n/a saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
1.8 N/A Connoisseur Saloon. Wedgewood blue. Manual.

Car overheated, dial went right up , stopped and recovered to garage. Says it ' needs a new engine '.

This car belongs to a lady and is situated in Cornwall. She says she wants to dispose of it in the best way and would not like it to be scrapped , as she has taken care of it. She realises that cars of this age do not now sell for £xxxxxx

It has been regularly used, and garage serviced .

It does not belong to me . but if you are interested in saving this from a scrappy in any way, send me a PM for details and owners phone number.

Obviously a non-runner at the moment ,possibly an HGF on its way . Been a good runner and regularly serviced . Now stored in Cornwall.
Thread revival

I posted this originally in December , but maybe it was too near Christmas.
However the car is still awating a true diagnosis, and as far as I know the details have not changed . ...Still defunct .
Its near Bodmin , If anyone is interested in helping this lady to decide on the fate of this car, please PM me for phone numbers.
Thanks .

Last edited by DerekS; 25th March 2017 at 16:02.. Reason: removed 'offer'
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 16:23   #12
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Originally Posted by DerekS
1.8 N/A Connoisseur Saloon. Wedgewood blue. Manual.

Car overheated, dial went right up , stopped and recovered to garage. Says it ' needs a new engine '.

This car belongs to a lady and is situated in Cornwall. She says she wants to dispose of it in the best way and would not like it to be scrapped , as she has taken care of it. She realises that cars of this age do not now sell for £xxxxxx

It has been regularly used, and garage serviced .

It does not belong to me . but if you are interested in saving this from a scrappy in any way, send me a PM for details and owners phone number.

Obviously a non-runner at the moment ,possibly an HGF on its way . Been a good runner and regularly serviced . Now stored in Cornwall.
Thread revival

I posted this originally in December , but maybe it was too near Christmas.
However the car is still awating a true diagnosis, and as far as I know the details have not changed . ...Still defunct .
Its near Bodmin , If anyone is interested in helping this lady to decide on the fate of this car, please PM me for phone numbers.
Thanks .

[QUOTE=MGJohn;2466076]Good Thread revival .

Car really needs someone to look at it who knows these engines well. Just because the engine overheated does not mean a new engine. Far too much knee-jerk reactions like that when cars overheat. However if it was driven on without sufficient coolant then a replacement engine may be necessary if it severely overheated and was not stopped in time.

I have no idea how far , if at all, it was driven after the overheat was observed .

Yesterday this post got lost in the 'new posts' section, a slight modification in the text may allow this one to be retained .

Anyway , anyone interested ? .
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote