Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th February 2018, 21:54   #1
al_dente
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Highline radio woes

Hi folks,

I've had an issue with my highline radio for the last few weeks. It started out with the radio occssionally going off with no warning, then I'd be unable to turn it on again. Then maybe the next time I started the car it would come on again. On the odd occassion I couldn't turn it off.

Now it won't work at all except for very rare occasions, and then it will only work for 5 or 10 minutes before dying again.

The highline screen is misbehaving too. I have the screen set to display in red, but when I start the car, the backlight is on but black, with a white bar at the bottom. After a minute or so it changes to red. If I'm lucky and the radio comes on, often it doesn't display the radio screen, instead it shows the standard menu, where you can choose the TV, computer etc.

Thinking it must be a radio issue, I bought a replacement on ebay and fitted it today. Sadly, the problem persists.

On a side note, I have an issue with the interior lights. They often won't work and sometimes they come on and I can't turn them off. I have a problem with the tailgate hatch though (it's a tourer), which I had assumed was the cause. It often pops open for no reason and sometimes it's difficult to close - it will keep popping open again. I think this is caused by a break in a wire there the tailgate joins the car body. This is because the other day I couldn't get the hatch to close, but I wiggled the wires and it fixed the issue for a short time.

Has anyone any idea what the problem is? A simple fix would be ideal :-)

Could the interior light problem be linked to the radio problem?
al_dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 12:33   #2
jonleomartin

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_dente View Post
Hi folks,

I've had an issue with my highline radio for the last few weeks. It started out with the radio occssionally going off with no warning, then I'd be unable to turn it on again. Then maybe the next time I started the car it would come on again. On the odd occassion I couldn't turn it off.

Now it won't work at all except for very rare occasions, and then it will only work for 5 or 10 minutes before dying again.

The highline screen is misbehaving too. I have the screen set to display in red, but when I start the car, the backlight is on but black, with a white bar at the bottom. After a minute or so it changes to red. If I'm lucky and the radio comes on, often it doesn't display the radio screen, instead it shows the standard menu, where you can choose the TV, computer etc.

Thinking it must be a radio issue, I bought a replacement on ebay and fitted it today. Sadly, the problem persists.

On a side note, I have an issue with the interior lights. They often won't work and sometimes they come on and I can't turn them off. I have a problem with the tailgate hatch though (it's a tourer), which I had assumed was the cause. It often pops open for no reason and sometimes it's difficult to close - it will keep popping open again. I think this is caused by a break in a wire there the tailgate joins the car body. This is because the other day I couldn't get the hatch to close, but I wiggled the wires and it fixed the issue for a short time.

Has anyone any idea what the problem is? A simple fix would be ideal :-)

Could the interior light problem be linked to the radio problem?
Hi. I have the same problem and have replaced the stereo also. I have water in the boot and I think this may be the issue.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
jonleomartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 12:59   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonleomartin View Post
Hi. I have the same problem and have replaced the stereo also. I have water in the boot and I think this may be the issue.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
Any water in the boot will collect in the wheel well, which is where the radio, the amp and the video/TV unit all reside.

The nav unit in the boot side also suffers if only from condensation, but also from moisture leaking/dripping on it. Some have succeeded in drying them out to get them working, but...

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 13:59   #4
al_dente
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Should we be looking to replace the other box in the boot then do you think?

I'd always assumed that unit was the TV tuner, which doesn't work any more since the analogue broadcasts were turned off.
al_dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 19:51   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_dente View Post
Should we be looking to replace the other box in the boot then do you think?

I'd always assumed that unit was the TV tuner, which doesn't work any more since the analogue broadcasts were turned off.
The TV will only show snow on the screen, but the unit is also used for the radio display and satnav display.

Some members decided to replace units with more up to date BMW equivalents, but I have no knowledge of them.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote