Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2018, 09:14   #51
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
I'm sorry but you post on here complaining people aren't nice to you and don't take you seriously, then you go and post utter garbage like this. Maybe if you stop with the idiotic comments, people will take you more seriously.

I have a ZT diesel, I love it, it's got plenty of power for me, and tows the caravan well, but it certainly wouldn't compare to a V8.
Unless he's on about the Torque figures?
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Old 7th July 2018, 09:48   #52
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

forgive me for being thick but what is wrong with the original post and I don't mean spelling or grammar? It seems an innocent question.

macafee2
Old 7th July 2018, 13:57   #53
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I believe he was referring to the re-mapped Rover 75 diesel producing the same (260 BHP) as the V8

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Old 7th July 2018, 17:01   #54
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

There wasn't anything actually wrong with the OP, odds are the ABS sensor or wiring were damaged - that would take out the speedo too though which is far more noticeable but not mentioned at all in his post.

As has already been posted the 260 number mentioned is probably torque rather than BHP and the man in Wales is, I would guess, Jules who probably put a 160 map on it.

The 'problem' is just the way the facts are presented. As I have said before I don't actually have a problem with Thomas but he needs to curb his enthusiasm and ambition somewhere down to planet earth levels

Of course you can have a 260bhp Diesel car but not a Rover 75 with the M47 cast crank, standard turbo and standard Rover gearbox.
Old 7th July 2018, 17:53   #55
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
forgive me for being thick but what is wrong with the original post and I don't mean spelling or grammar? It seems an innocent question.

macafee2
Yes it is an innocent question, if put innocently.
Its in a mainstream forum area of our site , and so should be treated with respect. The poster obviously has some knowledge of cars and their innards, hes talking about power outputs and remappings and has some cars ready for restoration.
And then the car gets ditched and wires are torn out , Wires get replaced and the fuel gauge behaves funny .
Im ok up to this point, but bells start to ring now , because the question .. whats wrong with it .... seems a bit strange , as it appears to come from from someone with above average intelligence .
Im not trying to offend or to put down anyone, but wouldnt a normal
person look to the rewiring job, or the float thingy in the tank , before asking whats wrong on this site ?

The question , as far as I am concerned is now similar to .......... my tyre is only flat at the bottom .... whats wrong with it .

Incidentally, I believe that Thomas and I represent the alpha and omega of this site .
Old 7th July 2018, 19:34   #56
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Yes it is an innocent question, if put innocently.
Its in a mainstream forum area of our site , and so should be treated with respect. The poster obviously has some knowledge of cars and their innards, hes talking about power outputs and remappings and has some cars ready for restoration.
And then the car gets ditched and wires are torn out , Wires get replaced and the fuel gauge behaves funny .
Im ok up to this point, but bells start to ring now , because the question .. whats wrong with it .... seems a bit strange , as it appears to come from from someone with above average intelligence .
Im not trying to offend or to put down anyone, but wouldnt a normal
person look to the rewiring job, or the float thingy in the tank , before asking whats wrong on this site ?

The question , as far as I am concerned is now similar to .......... my tyre is only flat at the bottom .... whats wrong with it .

Incidentally, I believe that Thomas and I represent the alpha and omega of this site .

If his question is innocent then I ask "is he being treated appropriately?". I agree it could be wiring but is it possible it is something else? I don't know.

We are mainly adults on this forum with many years of life experience and a better understanding of expectations and possibilities, Thomas is a child and children see things differently. Adults with mental health problems can also see things differently.
I am uncomfortable with some of the replies in this thread.

macafee2
Old 7th July 2018, 20:16   #57
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Im just glad I didn't have the internet when I was Thomas' age, the amout of $h1te I used to spout would have made Thomas look like Bill Gates.
Old 7th July 2018, 22:11   #58
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
There wasn't anything actually wrong with the OP, odds are the ABS sensor or wiring were damaged - that would take out the speedo too though which is far more noticeable but not mentioned at all in his post.

As has already been posted the 260 number mentioned is probably torque rather than BHP and the man in Wales is, I would guess, Jules who probably put a 160 map on it.

The 'problem' is just the way the facts are presented. As I have said before I don't actually have a problem with Thomas but he needs to curb his enthusiasm and ambition somewhere down to planet earth levels

Of course you can have a 260bhp Diesel car but not a Rover 75 with the M47 cast crank, standard turbo and standard Rover gearbox.

Not got standard turbo or gearbox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 7th July 2018, 22:42   #59
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Ok, let me ask a couple of straightforward questions.

What gearbox and turbo do you have fitted?

Have you fitted a different crankshaft?

I am sure we are all interested to know.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s

Last edited by Mike Trident; 7th July 2018 at 22:44..
Old 7th July 2018, 22:53   #60
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
Ok, let me ask a couple of straightforward questions.

What gearbox and turbo do you have fitted?

Have you fitted a different crankshaft?

I am sure we are all interested to know.

I not sure and don't want to touch the kit it has so I may never no just no its all been upgraded

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closed Thread