Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2018, 18:19   #31
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Shark's range is very good. The kirby you have will be worth a lot of money in a few years if you keep it in working order.

Got a Kirby Heritage II here, complete with all of the attachments known to man and hardly used. Bought and then she declared it was too heavy for her. Just sat occupying space in a cupboard.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 19:18   #32
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

its a year since I started using the miele and I still hate pulling it around. Still sucks like a goodun

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 12:59   #33
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

We have 2, a Henry pneumatic for home, which is ok for loose dirt, but struggles to lift stuff like sock fluff and hair. My daughter has reams of the stuff, she sheds more hair than a dog does. I have Sebo BS360 commercial vaccuum for my carpet cleaning business, which picks up everything and with ease.
Old 1st January 2019, 15:36   #34
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

We've had a Henry and a Hetty for the last 10 years, does what it says on the tin so been quite happy with them both... until my wife suddenly said she would like a new style of vacuum cleaner!! What on earth for I thought., they both work just fine. Anyway after much brow beating / convincing she bought one of those Dyson V8 thingy's, must say... it's brilliant, had to hang the charger on the wall etc but overall ... very impressed.
Anyone want 'his 'n' hers' vacuums ? haha.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 18:17   #35
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

[QUOTE=macafee2;26977. Still sucks like a goodun

macafee2[/.Ian, you might not get this,we use tne word alot in the chill out zone. PERVERT.lol
Old 2nd January 2019, 08:03   #36
munroman
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Since european parliament made powerful hoovers illegal its more about which one does the best job the 900 watt maximum engine it's allowed enables. Dyson aren't even making corded hoovers now.

Shark's range is very good. The kirby you have will be worth a lot of money in a few years if you keep it in working order.
Dyson have stopped developing corded vacuums, they still make many millions a year.

The input power of a vacuum cleaner bears no relation to it's cleaning power, I worked for a hose manufacturer, and the 2500 watt Chinese specials had less suction power than some 700 watt European made ones.
Why some people seem to get their knickers in a twist about the EU regs I have no idea.......

I buy 2nd hand Dysons which are faulty, normally they are just clogged up, and the washable filters haven't been washed, these should be cleaned regularly, with 2 Golden Retrievers and a logburner I wash mine fortnightly.

The older Dysons are better quality than the newer ones, and spares like motors are pretty cheap.

At the moment I have 5 Dysons, 1 is a rare early model kept as an investment, the rest are workhorses for the house and workshop.

Generally, like cars, the fewer the frills and gadgets, and the better care that's taken, the more reliable and better performing these machines are.
munroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 17:06   #37
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
women seem not to like things like saucepans, cleaners, irons etc for Christmas, birthday or anniversary yet us blokes would be well made up with a socket set, spanners or a drill etc.
For my birthday I got a 7mm allen key socket and I'm well made up

macafee2
I thought the galvanised dustpan and real wood brush was a absolute winner a few Chritmases ago.

I’m living in the barn now.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 17:47   #38
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastinsmethwick View Post
I thought the galvanised dustpan and real wood brush was a absolute winner a few Chritmases ago.

I’m living in the barn now.

That's posh. Most would be in the shed.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:41   #39
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Dysons-YUK. The re-cycle centres are full of them. Look like new but are really over priced rubbish.

I bought myself a Dirt Devil a few months ago as I do all the vacuum cleaning Chez Nous.

700 watts and it works really, really well.

A power brush that removes cat and dog hairs very efficiently.

A large variety of clip on parts too.

A telescopic light weight hose that allows cleaning away of cobwebs on even very high ceilings.

The old adage of--'it beats as it sweeps as it cleans'-- by Electrolux I think, is so true for this very efficient cleaner.

Easy clean with a very large exhaust filter that stops just about any dust passing through the cleaner and back out again.

Earlier cleaners with more power could not be turned down enough to stop them sticking to curtains and picking up carpets and dogs and cats etc.---

Would recommend this make to anybody.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:56   #40
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

We've a few Vacuums , a ancient Dyson DC02 which still sucks like a good'un, and Old Upright oreck also works well.
and a newer rechargeble VAX , which is fairly usless unless the battery is full, as after about 50% its a waste of time .
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote