Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2019, 10:57   #41
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

We've 3 Vacuums , an ancient Dyson DC02 from around 1996 which still sucks like a good'un, and an Upright oreck ( could be even even older & a family heirloom ) also works well.

and a newer rechargeble VAX , which is fairly usless unless the battery is full, as after about 50% its a waste of time .
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 3rd January 2019 at 11:01..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:04   #42
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

We needed something good at picking up pet hair.

Our vac is an upright AEG, pet hair special, which I bought around four years ago. As an upright it is great for pet hairs, but trying to use tools it is absolutely hopeless. The flexible stretchy pipe is permanently attached at the base, down the middle of the flexy section a solid section telescopes out. It is very limited on reach and fights you all the way. Folded in, the top of the pipe is intended to fit into a clip to retain it, but as you use it as an upright, it would constantly flop out of the clip and was difficult to even get in the clip - ended up shortening the pipe a fraction, to get it to stay put.

The vacs predecessor, would tend to get the brush choked up with hair wrapped around it, this AEG seems not to suffer that problem though why I don't know.

We usually use an Henry when a tool vac is needed, apart from that it has been good, with exceptional suction. Parts seem cheap, but none have ever been needed.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 13:23   #43
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

I reckon those small cordless vacs would be handy in a caravan though anything larger would be out of their league.

Our old upright Electrolux which has now gone to vac heaven used to be excellent on pet hairs.

Not so good on our four flights of stairs due to its size and weight. The hose would never reach our Victorian ceilings either.

Last edited by COLVERT; 3rd January 2019 at 13:28..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote