Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st January 2019, 22:33   #331
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Here here!
Trusted traders, what a good idea

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s

Last edited by Mike Trident; 31st January 2019 at 22:36..
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 22:46   #332
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

There's a very effective "trader" assessment system already available. Find someone who is not afraid to speak their mind, doesn't change their stance on manufacturers depending on what he/she is using/selling at the time, is generally a little grumpy and desn't mind upsetting people.

I have been to Terry (tsauto) in Stourbridge a number of times and we do not even mention the cost until after the work is done and I am about to leave, let alone ask for payment up front etc.

I believe I could work with Trikey and Brian plus a few other here on a similar basis with absolute trust.

The probem with a trader rating system is that I don't think I would believe the jugement of all the members!

p.s. also, if you cannot have a natter and a cuppa for 1/2 hour before the chap even looks at the car, he's not worth bothering with.

Last edited by MSS; 1st February 2019 at 09:58..
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 06:01   #333
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I fully agree with that sentiment, and something I advocated when I was a trader on this forum.........LINK
Brian, I looked at the link and it’s a great idea, but how would it be implemented and how would defaulters be dealt with. Sworks and Simondi, said they liked it. The next step would be for the mods to have a big pow-wow in their pow-wow room with the chiefs?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 07:16   #334
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
When I bought a Navall for my VW off Sean, Tony Fry was handling the payment transaction. This was after Jeff moved on.
Sean's websites appear to have been closed down now.

This seems to be open, still offering items and last updated last October - https://navallstore.com

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 07:27   #335
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
Is why a fellow paid up member who at the time was unemployed .Could not afford to repair their car due to their situation have to upgrade to trader status to sell parts from their car on a one off basis.I don't class that person as being a trader ..

It also doesn't explain why some members on this forum have operated a very profitable business on the side, via the forum and for years - without having to pay up as a trader status.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 1st February 2019, 07:28   #336
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
This seems to be open, still offering items and last updated last October - https://navallstore.com
And in the contact section there is no address. Just 3 email addresses and a phone number.
Old 1st February 2019, 07:41   #337
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
Pictures of his cars, workshop and stock just go to show there is life after being banned and he was simply lying.
There is no vetting in place anywhere on line. We can all set ourselves up as traders of some kind or another. As has been said, word of mouth is one of the more reliable references you can get.

Don't believe photos, they can be so easily lifted from a genuine website. A local to me, whom I am aware of - set up a glowing website, full of photos of the work he had done, a portfolio, very impressive indeed on the face of it. Knowing the character and how hopeless he was at making a decent job of anything, I did a Google photo search. All of the photos had been lifted from other commercial websites.

Old 1st February 2019, 07:51   #338
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I was asking for this back in 2012, a feature that is part of the vBulletin software.
See here, and the response:
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=130469
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 08:02   #339
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
And in the contact section there is no address. Just 3 email addresses and a phone number.

Well, it confirms he has been recently still active, if the site has been updated.

That phone number rings, I have just tried it and it doesn't sound when rung as if it is redirecting the number...

020 8144 9124

It could well be the number of someone who has been roped in to help help him. Maybe anyone with an issue, might care to ring initially posing as a potential customer to see what the response is?

The other thing I would suggest is that all of you members who have been let down by this guy, get your heads together to compile a list of who has paid for what, how much, your names and addresses - then present the list to the police as fraud. Maybe make contact with members of other forums who have been ripped off by him.

Old 1st February 2019, 12:26   #340
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Don't believe photos, they can be so easily lifted from a genuine website. A local to me, whom I am aware of - set up a glowing website, full of photos of the work he had done, a portfolio, very impressive indeed on the face of it. Knowing the character and how hopeless he was at making a decent job of anything, I did a Google photo search. All of the photos had been lifted from other commercial websites.
Well he should have lifted a better picture of a workshop. His looked like a junk yard with a tatty Rover 25 buried under various parts and the donor car being shown next to it. Opening sentence, “no comments please about why I’m breaking it.” Just about sums him up. Thankfully he has not been able to upset anyone on here or MG.org for a few years. Unless of course people reply on his FB page???