Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2019, 11:34   #11
stamfordzs

MG ZT-T, MG ZS 200

Are these an easy swap? Just bought a ZT-T with a seeping cooler. Bought a replacement cooler. Hopefully the connectors are self closing on separation so no leaking?
stamfordzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 14:00   #12
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Well yesterday I decided to fit the replacement diesel cooler and as suggested by Trikey replace the entire thing instead of just the leaking bit, however (and there is alway a however lol) the bit I salvaged from a scrapper had two pipes with make/brake connectors (finger thickness) and one breather pipe (pencil thickness) when I tried take off the one on my 75 it turns out it has three thick lines and one breather, all I can think is that my 75 has the Webasto heater and the donor car did not so needed the extra pipe
I managed to take off just the leaking bit and swap it for the replacement part, the important bit is that I now have a cooler setup that is not leaking diesel all over

To answer the previous poster, the lines are push fit with a tab you squeeze to undo but NOT self sealing so expect some diesel spillage when you do it.
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 14:01   #13
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamfordzs View Post
Are these an easy swap? Just bought a ZT-T with a seeping cooler. Bought a replacement cooler. Hopefully the connectors are self closing on separation so no leaking?
It's two bolts and the connections, see my following post
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 21:09   #14
stamfordzs

MG ZT-T, MG ZS 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Well yesterday I decided to fit the replacement diesel cooler and as suggested by Trikey replace the entire thing instead of just the leaking bit, however (and there is alway a however lol) the bit I salvaged from a scrapper had two pipes with make/brake connectors (finger thickness) and one breather pipe (pencil thickness) when I tried take off the one on my 75 it turns out it has three thick lines and one breather, all I can think is that my 75 has the Webasto heater and the donor car did not so needed the extra pipe
I managed to take off just the leaking bit and swap it for the replacement part, the important bit is that I now have a cooler setup that is not leaking diesel all over

To answer the previous poster, the lines are push fit with a tab you squeeze to undo but NOT self sealing so expect some diesel spillage when you do it.
Superb, thanks.
stamfordzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2021, 12:50   #15
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Is it the plastic thing in the middle of the pic?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Is the black wire to the right secured by an socket head screw needed, does it earth to the body as mine has disappeared??
squire is offline   Reply With Quote