Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st February 2019, 20:59   #21
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Hangon... Its a diesel?!

lol.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 21:06   #22
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Still being a tw*t or you done now?

As per your profile, yes you should get out more.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 21:07   #23
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

rofl....

Sorry Rick, I'll zip it.

Nice colour though.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 21:08   #24
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Hangon... Its a diesel?!

lol.
What does that have to do with anything Ross?

I have to say there are a few things not to my taste about Rick's car, the "Alloygators" being one of those, but having a stonecrusher under the bonnet, what difference does that make in the grand scheme.

I don't see any of your cars making an appearance at any shows at all.........probably not good enough to do so

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 21:39   #25
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
What does that have to do with anything Ross?

I have to say there are a few things not to my taste about Rick's car, the "Alloygators" being one of those, but having a stonecrusher under the bonnet, what difference does that make in the grand scheme.

I don't see any of your cars making an appearance at any shows at all.........probably not good enough to do so

Brian
Thanks Brian .

Of course there's things some don't like about my ZT but I really don't give a monkeys, it's my car and I do what I want with it. Don't like it jog on then

Luckily the majority have loved it over the years I've taken it to shows, and there's always some that don't like certain things. Some don't even like the colour and say they hate flip paint colours on cars. I really couldn't care less what anyone doesn't like on it

I see other cars I don't like certain things on which aren't to my taste, but I don't feel an itch to make stupid pointless comments about it, as long as the owner likes it and is happy with it that's all that matters. I don't care if it's a cheap little banger or if it's a Bentley, if you're into modifying your car then good on you, it's not my place if I think something looks good or bad on someone else's car, definitely wouldn't go out of my way to make a stupid remark.

I've worked long and hard on my ZT over the last 5 years to personalise it and make it stand out from the crowd, and in the process it has become one of the most well known and recognised ZT's amongst around 10-15 others I can think of, along with Les' 400bhp supercharged ZT-T, Bob's Flying Banana and Redfive, Gary's Biomorphic Green "Kermit", and Teflon's Lagoon to name a few. Pretty much every show I attend the car is recognised by many, even at the Excel London Classic Car show I chatted to people who I'd never met before but recognised the car, and displaying the car at the London Classic Car show is a massive achievement in itself for me, something that I never thought I'd ever do at any kind of show of that kind. So I really could not care even in the slightest what you think of the rimblades or about your snobby comment about it being a diesel.

The best moment I ever had with the car was when I displayed it on my stand at Gaydon meet last year the day after POL, I heard a young boy must have been less than 10 years old shout in excitement "It's here, it's here I've found it!" pointing at my car whilst his family were walking over. He'd seen the car before and was hoping he would spot it at the meet to see it in person, and was pretty happy and excited about it when he found it.

Don't get people that feel the need to make stupid remarks, I mean really you have nothing better to do ? Don't like it scroll on. Can't stand people that do it, it's something I'd expect on facebook groups not on here, you'd fit right in Ross.

I'm sure there's others on here that don't like it but don't feel the need to say anything.

Last edited by Rick-sta; 21st February 2019 at 21:47..
Old 22nd February 2019, 08:25   #26
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
……….. I heard a young boy must have been less than 10 years old shout in excitement "It's here, it's here I've found it!" pointing at my car whilst his family were walking over. He'd seen the car before and was hoping he would spot it at the meet to see it in person, and was pretty happy and excited about it when he found it. ……..

Love it!

Proudest moment for me was having my car on display at the NEC for three days - still can't quite believe it actually happened. I have to say though, I reckon your experience with the young boy tops it. Sometimes the simple things are what matters and making someones day like that must have given you a real buzz. It's the sort of experience that money can't buy.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 20:13   #27
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Hi Rick,

Your car is gorgeous and a real credit to you and all the hard work that you have put in.

Kudos to you, Sir...

But I must admit I don't like the rim protectors either, sorry!

Just remember to park further away from kerbs then you won't need them!

I'm lucky though as I have seen your car in the metal so to speak at the Haynes Car Museum.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 20:53   #28
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I love taking photo’s of your car Rick, all those rich and deep colours.

It’s a proud moment to be asked to “show” your car at an event. Banana has been asked quite a few times.

The car is a credit to you Rick & Deanna. Long may it carry on.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 21:09   #29
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Stunning car!
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:26   #30
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post

Love it!

Proudest moment for me was having my car on display at the NEC for three days - still can't quite believe it actually happened. I have to say though, I reckon your experience with the young boy tops it. Sometimes the simple things are what matters and making someones day like that must have given you a real buzz. It's the sort of experience that money can't buy.

Cliff
Yes I remember that, looked fantastic and well at home over that weekend Don't be so modest your's is a perfect choice, probably the cleanest most spotless and immaculate 75 we have on the club, it looks like it came out the factory this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Hi Rick,

Your car is gorgeous and a real credit to you and all the hard work that you have put in.

Kudos to you, Sir...

But I must admit I don't like the rim protectors either, sorry!

Just remember to park further away from kerbs then you won't need them!

I'm lucky though as I have seen your car in the metal so to speak at the Haynes Car Museum.
Cheers The Haynes meet was 3 or 4 years ago was it? Can't remember when it was, the car was very different back them to how it looks now. Was still early days back then

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I love taking photo’s of your car Rick, all those rich and deep colours.

It’s a proud moment to be asked to “show” your car at an event. Banana has been asked quite a few times.

The car is a credit to you Rick & Deanna. Long may it carry on.
You always capture fantastic pics of mine Bob, the pic you took of one of my wheels at that Insprayation open days years ago is still the best pic I have of them ! The pics you took at MG's in the park 2 years ago were fantastic as well

Thanks Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
Stunning car!
Thank you