Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th November 2006, 10:36   #1
Womble
Avid contributor

ZT-T 260

Default Problem updating a Mk3 BMW satnav unit

Hi All,

I recently purchased a BMW Mk3 unit off Ebay. It fires up fine, but on an ancient version of the software.

The guy I bought it off included a copy of the latest operating software (v27), but being ebay, this is unsurprisingly not an original CD.

I put the CD in, and the unit detects it and brings up a screen telling me it is updating the OS, which may take up to 6 minutes, and warns me not to switch off the ignition in the meantime.

Unfortunately, it then seems to hang at this point. The screen stays there indefinitely (or at least over the hour I left it). I eventually had to take the car out, so switched the ignition off and removed the CD. It initally flipped over to the backup display with no GPS listed, so I assumed the attempted update had completely knackered the unit, but when I came back to the car 15 minutes later, it came up with a screen saying it had successfully updated the software! Unfortunately, it hadn't. It reverted to the original old version, but did otherwise seem to be unaffected.

Anyone got any ideas?

Does anyone within a reasonable distance of Epsom have a proven v27 operating software CD I could try?

Needless to say, I am in discussions with the guy I bought it off, but he's not in the UK, so it makes things difficult! Potentially not the place to purchase, I know, but he does have well over 200 positive feedback, all on expensive kit, so should be OK.

'Kermit' - MG ZT-T 260 Mk1 - VIN 019
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2006, 12:32   #2
Womble
Avid contributor

ZT-T 260

I've got this to work now!

Next question. Does anyone know how to get into the screen where you can set screen brightness and the like?

Cheers,

Chris.

Old 24th November 2006, 14:46   #3
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Chris you should have said you wanted a MK3 as I have one for sale

go into the set screen the top right of the menu should say 3-1/63 that is the latest firmware on the MK3 and any update from V22 onwards will give you that

I guess if yours was really early it would have needed the CD key as well during the upgrade as this was necessary to get past ver 18

as for brightness go into set then push and hold the menu key for about ten seconds that will take you into the service menu.

Once done enable RDS traffic info if not already enabled it should find classic FM give it a while to download messages then enjoy reading about all the grief around you that you are not stuck in
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2006, 14:56   #4
Womble
Avid contributor

ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Chris you should have said you wanted a MK3 as I have one for sale

go into the set screen the top right of the menu should say 3-1/63 that is the latest firmware on the MK3 and any update from V22 onwards will give you that

I guess if yours was really early it would have needed the CD key as well during the upgrade as this was necessary to get past ver 18

as for brightness go into set then push and hold the menu key for about ten seconds that will take you into the service menu.

Once done enable RDS traffic info if not already enabled it should find classic FM give it a while to download messages then enjoy reading about all the grief around you that you are not stuck in
All working now thanks. The only problem is that there's no traffic jams around yet, so I haven't got any traffic messages!