Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2006, 09:38   #11
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
I hope you will be bringin it with you to the next meet?
I don't mean to appear selfish but no, the meets are really becoming social (and family) events and I really have enjoyed them as such, so spending a heap on fuel to get to the meet and then pay the entry fee only to end up sitting in someone's car all day playing with my T4 would not really be appropriate and is not something I really want to do.

I think I will leave it at making this available to anyone that wants to make the journey over here and if we eventually get two or three other members with their own T4s around the country then we have the nucleus of a reasonable amount of self help within the club.

Don't forget though there are still plenty of dealers out there with T4s as well. They might charge you a bit more for their time and some might fob you off with faults that don't really exist but they can or should be able to do whatever you want done if you are clear on that at the outset.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 13:03   #12
driverjgp
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club 2.5 V6 Auto

Nice one Keith.

Jason Player
Woodbridge,
Suffolk

Money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes misery easier to live with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 Club Auto K-Series 2.5 Litre Quad Cam 24 Valve in Steel Blue December 2000 Cowley build.
driverjgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 13:18   #13
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't mean to appear selfish but no, the meets are really becoming social (and family) events and I really have enjoyed them as such, so spending a heap on fuel to get to the meet and then pay the entry fee only to end up sitting in someone's car all day playing with my T4 would not really be appropriate and is not something I really want to do.

I think I will leave it at making this available to anyone that wants to make the journey over here and if we eventually get two or three other members with their own T4s around the country then we have the nucleus of a reasonable amount of self help within the club.

Don't forget though there are still plenty of dealers out there with T4s as well. They might charge you a bit more for their time and some might fob you off with faults that don't really exist but they can or should be able to do whatever you want done if you are clear on that at the outset.
That mkes sence Keith

Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 17:46   #14
SCOTTY1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 CDT CONN SE (MANUAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
Easy tiger :lol:
Present company being the exception of course Lates
SCOTTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 17:51   #15
SCOTTY1
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
As I work mostly from home PM me when you want to come over, imho there is nothing wrong with using garages but I can offer something you don't normally get at a garage, the opportunity to have a play yourself

In a few days I will take some screen dumps of some of the option screens etc and do a what can T4 do type thread in the technical forum then add to it as I make new discoveries
Cheers Keith It will probably better on a weekend after Christmas, maybe during one of your mini-meets. I'm not to keen to get the venting thing done at this time of year. Can the T4 diagnose why my FBH won't work at all ?
SCOTTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 10:20   #16
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Quote:
Now this thing was not cheap! Yes you can come and play with it, check fault codes configure your car etc but it needs to earn its keep so I will expect a donation as it happens Apywell is coming to play on Wednesday
A top couple of hours it was too. Had a great time with the T4 nice cup 'o' tea too.... Was able to look at all the error logs that was stored and look at what 'goodies' I could have enabled. So on ignoring some, Keith was able to add the auto lock, quick vent and close feature for the windows. I had it confirmed that my cooling fan was and not working at low or middle speed. My stepped motor for the headlight not working too. Great to talk about various Mods that can be done. So I think I'm going to get Traffic master as it looks easy enough to install.... and cheap too.....

Thanks for your time Keith, and a suitable donation made.
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 10:49   #17
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTY1 View Post
Can the T4 diagnose why my FBH won't work at all ?
Yes it can read fault codes logged in the FBH ECU and can activate individual parts of the FBH I will do a screen dump of that screen probably at the weekend

The comms between my T4 and the FBH is a bit flaky though but it can do it unlike the T1 I fixed for Lates which just gives up!

I am particularly interested in how it talks to the FBH as I want to trap the Kbus codes that can turn the FBH on and off then we may have an alternate way of remotely operating the FBH without additional wiring to it

(long term project so don't get excited yet!)

See, learning "stuff" already aren't we
Old 21st December 2006, 10:57   #18
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by apywell View Post
A top couple of hours it was too. Had a great time with the T4 nice cup 'o' tea too.... Was able to look at all the error logs that was stored and look at what 'goodies' I could have enabled. So on ignoring some, Keith was able to add the auto lock, quick vent and close feature for the windows. I had it confirmed that my cooling fan was and not working at low or middle speed. My stepped motor for the headlight not working too. Great to talk about various Mods that can be done. So I think I'm going to get Traffic master as it looks easy enough to install.... and cheap too.....

Thanks for your time Keith, and a suitable donation made.
You were more than welcome could have had a closer look at your headlight problem if you had turned up in the daylight though

Get a replacement fan motor then you can sort out the two together as I think you also need to take the bumper off to change the headlight if the headlight stepper motor is faulty

re traffic master read this
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/datasheets/tid027.pdf

The more I think about it the more I reckon your car has either had a third party ECU remap (or perhaps the ECU has been "repaired" at some point in time) and that I think unfortunately that would need to be corrected before looking further for the reason behind your lumpy tickover.

Certainly not a job to have tried yesterday evening at minus 1900 and frozen to death was it
Old 21st December 2006, 16:56   #19
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

if your stepped motor for lights not working I'd look at your loom near the headlights ... bet they are starting to chafe through.... have you got any stray lights coming on at strange times?!
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 18:16   #20
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Quote:
You were more than welcome could have had a closer look at your headlight problem if you had turned up in the daylight though
Yeh... I realised that it was getting late .... and cold, but didn't want to pass this opportunity to get it hooked up seen as I was in the area. I may just wait till spring and then sort out the fan motor.. it sure sounds easy when talking to someone about stripping the front end down to access the fan. I would love to have a go at this myself. I'll have to see if I can beg somewhere to do the operation when it gets warmer and lighter

Quote:
Get a replacement fan motor then you can sort out the two together as I think you also need to take the bumper off to change the headlight if the headlight stepper motor is faulty
Like you said.... if the headlight needs changing I may to the Mod on the pair of headlights...

Quote:
The more I think about it the more I reckon your car has either had a third party ECU remap (or perhaps the ECU has been "repaired" at some point in time) and that I think unfortunately that would need to be corrected before looking further for the reason behind your lumpy tickover.
Maybe this is a job for Lates?

Quote:
Certainly not a job to have tried yesterday evening at minus 1900 and frozen to death was it
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote