Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd February 2018, 22:01   #1
Johna1507

75 saloon

Default BMW Sat Nav Store (bimmersatnav.com)

a couple of weeks ago I bought online a satnav disc described as "the 2018 BMW UK and Europe Road Map HIGH Sat Nav DVD" from the above. The disc was mailed from Spain.
However, the mkIV unit in my 75 refuses to read the disc although the unit works perfectly with the previous disc in place.
In argument with bimmersatnav over replacement or refund.Their suggestion is to try disc in a BMW car!! What use to me, I ask?
Has any one else had dealings with this company, or had similar problems with unreadable disc that have been resolved?

Johna1507
Johna1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 11:15   #2
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Humbly ask them to lend you a BMW car with a mkIV satnav for you to try it in....... lol. Is the disk a genuine production map disc or a dvd-r they've written and put a label on?

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 18:37   #3
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

i had the same problem from the same company.i was told it was due to the age of the satnav unit.m.the new one worked ok for a while then came up with the disc is incorrect or damaged. my old 2013 disc from them played fine and still does .they sent me a new disc which does not have europe on it apparently.i have not used this one yet.i think they have changed the programming of these discs which do not suit the older mk 4 bmw nav drive.and as for the reason the discs not working they are making it up as they go along.
Old 4th February 2018, 19:44   #4
Johna1507

75 saloon

Bimmersatnav have indeed come back to me suggesting my equipment is obviously very old and that's why their disc will not work. I have requested a replacement that will work or else a refund.
Johna
Johna1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 16:39   #5
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johna1507 View Post
Bimmersatnav have indeed come back to me suggesting my equipment is obviously very old and that's why their disc will not work. I have requested a replacement that will work or else a refund.
Johna
I've had several DVDs from this site and never had any issues with them in my MkIV DVD drive: http://www.satnavupgrades.co.uk/index.html

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 16:00   #6
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johna1507 View Post
Johna
old or not the replacement they have sent works albeit without the europe maps. is this due to brexit?