Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th February 2018, 21:33   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default whats the difference between FGM and

what is the difference between FGM, Female General Mutilation... can be removal of girls NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- and circumcision in a child? Surly both could or rather are, carried out without the child's permission
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/circumcision-in-men/

I guess my questions is really, are both not mutilation?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 00:34   #2
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Odd subject Ian for me to be replying to at 1:20 am!! - but such is the wonders of insomnia.....

As I understand it - the two are very different.

With mail circumcision- a ring of skin is removed - the foreskin - that is all. This has no effect on sexual enjoyment and whilst it can be performed on religious grounds - it can also be done on medical grounds when the foreskin is too large or too tight.

With FGM - the entire NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- c1itori5 (apologies mods) is removed. This has a dramatic negative effect on sexual enjoyment- it leaves a scar that often tears and also makes natural childbirth more difficult.

It is only ever carried out on “religious” grounds by those religions that seek to subjugate women. It is never carried out on medical grounds.

In my view it is assault against the person and as it is done to young pre-pubescent girls those that ask for it to be done to their children and those that carry out this barbaric act should be charged with assault against a child and placed upon the sex offenders register.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 06:06   #3
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I put those acts in the same boat as building a mosque in the middle of a council estate..wonder if you would get planning permission for a Church in the middle of Riyadh..

Last edited by rustymotor; 28th February 2018 at 06:13..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 10:07   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Odd subject Ian for me to be replying to at 1:20 am!! - but such is the wonders of insomnia.....

As I understand it - the two are very different.

With mail circumcision- a ring of skin is removed - the foreskin - that is all. This has no effect on sexual enjoyment and whilst it can be performed on religious grounds - it can also be done on medical grounds when the foreskin is too large or too tight.

With FGM - the entire NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- c1itori5 (apologies mods) is removed. This has a dramatic negative effect on sexual enjoyment- it leaves a scar that often tears and also makes natural childbirth more difficult.

It is only ever carried out on “religious” grounds by those religions that seek to subjugate women. It is never carried out on medical grounds.

In my view it is assault against the person and as it is done to young pre-pubescent girls those that ask for it to be done to their children and those that carry out this barbaric act should be charged with assault against a child and placed upon the sex offenders register.
sorry may not have explained myself very well.
Are both not mutilation when done to a child for religious reasons?
Should circumcision not be outlawed until the age of x?

macafee2

macafee2
Old 28th February 2018, 10:50   #5
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
.....Are both not mutilation when done to a child for religious reasons?..........
Yes, I agree.

This subject was discussed on The Wright Stuff a couple of days ago (a daily C5 debate programme). In my opinion circumcision is genital mutilation and as unsavoury as FGM. While there are occasionally medical reasons for it, I feel the removal of a newborn's foreskin on religious grounds to be abhorrent. If some people decide to have the procedure done on reaching an age where they can make an informed decision then that's not an issue, but giving them no choice in the matter is very different.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 11:59   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I was watching a program yesterday evening on the subject (FGM), not being certain what it really involved. I'm not sure whether it was live, or on watch it again. The program followed attempts in the UK to trace the people involved, get them in court and convict. The case it followed, failed. It seems that it is very difficult to get sufficient evidence and make a successful prosecution. None has ever been successful in the UK.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 12:13   #7
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
sorry may not have explained myself very well.
Are both not mutilation when done to a child for religious reasons?
Should circumcision not be outlawed until the age of x?

macafee2

macafee2
Yes - I think you have a point Ian. I am certainly not a fan of any religion or culture that does such things for non-medical reasons.

The Chinese used to bind the feet of young girls to keep them small - ultra small crippled feet was thought to be “attractive”. Not sure if it was religious or culture - or both.

One good thing Mao did was to stop all that nonsence.

FGM is very much to do with psychologically impaired Males with small bits needing to feel they are bigger in that “department”.

Amoral scum.
Old 28th February 2018, 12:14   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I was watching a program yesterday evening on the subject (FGM), not being certain what it really involved. I'm not sure whether it was live, or on watch it again. The program followed attempts in the UK to trace the people involved, get them in court and convict. The case it followed, failed. It seems that it is very difficult to get sufficient evidence and make a successful prosecution. None has ever been successful in the UK.
I think we may have seen the same program. I think the program said Law came into being 1985, number of successful prosecutions 0?

macafee2
Old 28th February 2018, 12:18   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
I think we may have seen the same program. I think the program said Law came into being 1985, number of successful prosecutions 0?

macafee2
That’s a pretty appalling statistic.
Old 28th February 2018, 13:50   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
That’s a pretty appalling statistic.
it's a pretty appalling think to do to a female.

mmm come to think of it, most women probably think its a waste of time having one, as men generally cant find the blessed thing

I cant get my head around honour killings either. Does the community really think more of parents for killing their daughter or having her killed then if the daughter was to marry out of cast, class, colour?

macafee2