Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd February 2019, 15:12   #1
fontaine666
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Sunroof motor burnt out! Help!

Hey guys!

So I was opening the sunroof, it stopped halfway and wouldn't budge. Then the sunroof appeared to be smoking. Anyway, took it to a garage for fear of the whole thing combusting, the mechanic managed to stop the smoke etc but couldn't manually shut the sunroof with an allen key. So now I have a half open sunroof until I can sort it. Is this easily sorted myself?

Do I just need a new motor, and if so, does anyone know where I can find one? Don't seem to be having much luck on ebay etc...(I'm from the UK)

Also, is there a way of getting the allen key to work to close the thing in the meantime?

All help would be very appreciated!

Thanks!
fontaine666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 16:53   #2
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine666 View Post
Hey guys!

So I was opening the sunroof, it stopped halfway and wouldn't budge. Then the sunroof appeared to be smoking. Anyway, took it to a garage for fear of the whole thing combusting, the mechanic managed to stop the smoke etc but couldn't manually shut the sunroof with an allen key. So now I have a half open sunroof until I can sort it. Is this easily sorted myself?

Do I just need a new motor, and if so, does anyone know where I can find one? Don't seem to be having much luck on ebay etc...(I'm from the UK)

Also, is there a way of getting the allen key to work to close the thing in the meantime?

All help would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

Theres a number of threads on dealing with exactly the same issue if you use the search facility on the forum, I'm dreading the same thing happening to mine after reading the threads of others.

I'm sure that one of the experts will be along shortly to advise.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 17:29   #3
paulf
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur 1999, 2004 cdti connosieurur

You need to remove the motor from the mechanism as it will have melted and jammed the drive,you will then be able to shut the roof with an allenkey.
Mine did this last year and i shut it and forgot about it, but should really find another motor for it im not sure if the same motor is used on bmws or other cars .
paulf is offline   Reply With Quote