Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st March 2008, 19:55   #101
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14CAT View Post

1. The radio works only on long and medium wave not on FM. It does not find any stations on FM at all. Is this a monitor or aerial problem? My old radio does not have a problem finding stations.

My current radio is the single din with the flip down face hiding the cassette slot connected to a 6 CD player.
Any thoughts on these problems would be appreciated.
Have a look at the following thread..
The aerial connection for your radio is in the rear nearside C pillar trim.
The aerial amp for the Hi Line sat nav has 4 connections but your present radio amp has only 2 connections.
The thread explains how to connect it up..
Your FM signal will be much improved..
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...24&postcount=1
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...7&postcount=13
Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 08:38   #102
A14CAT

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damydyo1 View Post
Al, can you make some visuals I don't understand the type of satnav you have. (high line or low line?) and don't understand the SMB cable. Also your aerial on the radio module (not the head unit) is it connected to the right wire, because there are different aerials in your rear screen. There are two for the TV-module (diversity amp at the left side) and one for the radio module. The aerial for the radio is mounted on the right side of your rear screen, looking from inside out. The radio aerial goes to your dash but must be included in your loom, leading to your boot, where youre radio module will be mounted (high line). If you have a low line, you can simply connect the aerial wire in the head unit coming out from the dash.

Regards Ralph
Ralph
I am trying to connect hi-line to one of Rovers last radio offerings. On the hi-line radio module there is the normal radio connection as well as an smb socket similar the pair that are in the TV module. Should anything be connected to this? Also on the tourer the amplifier is not on the pillar as expected, it seems to be well into the head lining somewhere as the attachment is of course from the side window (as you say) not the rear. Will the TV connection be in the same place? I will bring the connection from the dash as suggested.

Dave, thanks for those pointers will follow up today (if I can locate the amp) and see where it gets me.
Al
A14CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 15:48   #103
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14CAT View Post
Ralph
I am trying to connect hi-line to one of Rovers last radio offerings. On the hi-line radio module there is the normal radio connection as well as an smb socket similar the pair that are in the TV module. Should anything be connected to this? Also on the tourer the amplifier is not on the pillar as expected, it seems to be well into the head lining somewhere as the attachment is of course from the side window (as you say) not the rear. Will the TV connection be in the same place? I will bring the connection from the dash as suggested.

Dave, thanks for those pointers will follow up today (if I can locate the amp) and see where it gets me.
Al
The SMB connector would be for the diversity antenna cable I guess. Don't know how bad the reception would be without it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote