Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th July 2010, 13:58   #1
crashmarks
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer Auto

Default 2.5 KV6 Inlet manifold

I am fairly sure I need a replacement manifold for my 03 KV6 2.5L. due to mine rattling. I repaired both VIS motors, still rattled, I removed the balance motor butterfly still rattled, I even removed the inards from the power vis, droped the vis body back onto the manifold with top off, dropped the gear into the body turned the gear it so the power valve slide lever was being pulled hard in one direction. In that position I zip tied the gear in place, I then replaced the top and secured the vis and it still rattttttles Grrrrrr.

Anybody got any other suggestions or has anybody got a spare, non rattling manifold for sale.
crashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 14:15   #2
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmarks View Post
I am fairly sure I need a replacement manifold for my 03 KV6 2.5L. due to mine rattling. I repaired both VIS motors, still rattled, I removed the balance motor butterfly still rattled, I even removed the inards from the power vis, droped the vis body back onto the manifold with top off, dropped the gear into the body turned the gear it so the power valve slide lever was being pulled hard in one direction. In that position I zip tied the gear in place, I then replaced the top and secured the vis and it still rattttttles Grrrrrr.

Anybody got any other suggestions or has anybody got a spare, non rattling manifold for sale.

There is no repair for the manifold and i think you may need to replace the vis motors as well, you shouldnt manualy move the motors of the vis quite expensive to replace at around the £190 mark for the 2 as for the manifold they are a sealed unit and cant be repared if you do a search there is pics of a dead manifold which shows the inside. haveing replaced a few (quite a easy job) they seam to be a reacuring problem on the kv6 engine...There may be members who will point you in the right direction as to weare you can get one but be ready as a new one can cost from £400 upwards, i have fitted a second hand unit with motors of a fellow member been working fine for a few years and that was £150 ish , for a guide price look on the bay of fleas........edit......

Pics curtisy of kieth alex

Last edited by Cymrudragon; 27th July 2010 at 14:22..
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 14:16   #3
rrobson

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

a rattling manifold is broken beyond repair. basically, the power motor operates an arm which basically falls off the valves in the manifold. this means it just sits there and will rattle for ever, but wont do any damage. it is general wear caused by the engine vibrating, and the oily atmosphere inside the manifold. the only way to remedy is to (as you sugested) buy a non rattling one. one thing i will say though is the replacement manifold will end up in the same way but depending on the age of the car will determine how much wear has taken place. i have some pics somewhere which i can show you

here you go, have a look at this thread - http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...t=61192&page=2

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available

Last edited by rrobson; 27th July 2010 at 14:20..
rrobson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 14:21   #4
crashmarks
Loves to post

If I stripped the manifold as shown in a previous "How to Thead" do you think I would be able to re attach the arm and thus repair it or not.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:32   #5
rrobson

i doubt it. if you actually manage to get the inspection pannel off in one piece (which is more of a job than it sounds, its glued on) then you will probably find the little balls and cups on the valves will be beyond repair. if you could find a way to replace them, then yes, you could repair it, but as i said, you probably wont get the inspection panel off without breaking it

Old 27th July 2010, 14:43   #6
crashmarks
Loves to post

Thanks for that I might have a go im in no rush I bought the car as a bit of a project. I understand from a previous thread you can get the glued cover off with a dremmel saw. I would still be interested if anybody has a good one for sale though.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:44   #7
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Quote:

There's not a lot one can do with these damned things when they start rattling, if the vis motors are ok.

Buying a second hand manifold could be a costly exercise - who's to say that won't start rattling also.

I know of a ZT190 & the workings had been totally removed from the IM - one way to fix it!

Buying a Landrover IM is/was cheaper than one from XPart/Rimmers.

Or, try these: http://www.bba-reman.com/content.asp...nifold_failing
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 14:49   #8
Cymrudragon

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Wouldnt bother attempting to fix it many have tryed but to no efect, some have tryed re-placing the arms with alloy arms but the ball is worn as well as the grove it sits in. some say the manifold will cause no harm if used in this condition but after the few i have done this is not the case, in one instance the valve was jamed in the alloy port on the manifold had to replace that as well ... up to you mate
Old 27th July 2010, 14:49   #9
rrobson

Quote:
Thanks for that I might have a go im in no rush I bought the car as a bit of a project. I understand from a previous thread you can get the glued cover off with a dremmel saw. I would still be interested if anybody has a good one for sale though.
yes, you can, but the design of the body is as follows:

where the two black lines are the profile of the cover and body, and the yelow is the glue. if you saw between the gap, you will cut through the step

Old 27th July 2010, 14:59   #10
Cymrudragon

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobson View Post
yes, you can, but the design of the body is as follows:

where the two black lines are the profile of the cover and body, and the yelow is the glue. if you saw between the gap, you will cut through the step

Interesting to find out how you will receal the rear access panel of the unit been trying/looking for an answer for 2 years , removed all the butterflys etc but there is no way of fixing the panel back tryed all different glues self tappers etc dont think it can be done if it could id be rich i think