I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Old 27th December 2011, 21:08   #62
alan.timms
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default wheel badge

Hi Poppy
You probably won't remember me - I was in the process of buying a '75 with the "facelift" steering wheel centre that you want, but I wanted the old style, which a Chap called Stubie had. We talked about you having mine after I have his?
I did the deed today . . . well, actually I stood about helplessly and watched Stubie remove the airbag unit and "facelift" cover from my car, and fit one with the old style logo I wanted. So I now have a spare airbag unit, complete with the "facelift" cover you wanted: if you're still interested, drop me an email to [email protected] and I'll post it to you . . .
Old 27th December 2011, 21:16   #63
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Mr 2 diesels was pretty much spot on, there are weak points in the front casing, when the airbag deploys it forces out breaking the cover at the weakpoints. So quick you won't see it!

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 28th December 2011, 12:42   #64
arjan_m
Gets stuck in

MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.timms View Post
Hi Poppy
You probably won't remember me - I was in the process of buying a '75 with the "facelift" steering wheel centre that you want, but I wanted the old style, which a Chap called Stubie had. We talked about you having mine after I have his?
I did the deed today . . . well, actually I stood about helplessly and watched Stubie remove the airbag unit and "facelift" cover from my car, and fit one with the old style logo I wanted. So I now have a spare airbag unit, complete with the "facelift" cover you wanted: if you're still interested, drop me an email to [email protected] and I'll post it to you . . .
I just send you an email

My third 75:
My Rover 75 1.8 mod topic
Rover 75 1.8 Classic, MidNight Blue, 2002

Current car:
MG TF 135, Antracite (LQW), 2002
Old 28th December 2011, 13:22   #65
alan.timms
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default steering wheel air bag

hi de hi

I'm obviously doing something wrong! You sent me an email with no message, just a link to this page with my last message on . . . . how do I get to your message?
Or just ring 01945 474595

Doh! I just found a message about it from someone else, in my spam filter box . . . I'll hang on for a couple of days as you asked first: if you don't mail to say you want it then I'll sell it to him.

Last edited by alan.timms; 28th December 2011 at 15:18.. Reason: extra info
Closed Thread