Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th January 2018, 20:05   #1
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Default Well, that was silly!

Worked a 6-2 overtime shift this morning, popped into the local caravan dealer on the way home, just to have a look round at what was about. Left an hour later, having ordered us a new Bailey Pursuit 570. About 100kg lighter than our elddis, but still a 6 Berth, more room in the beds, bigger bathroom, with a decent shower. Not got everything we'd like, but we'll get round to sorting something out at some point (no curtains on the bunks, but shouldn't be hard to fit some) unsure if it's got a radio or alarm. It's last years model, but I don't think much is different to the new model, except the price, before the part-ex it was £15,300ish. They're taking our old van in part exchange and will take our motor mover off the old and fit to the new for us. So give our 'van a clean next weekend, take it to the dealers the following week and then hopefully pick up the new 'van the week after!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 20:23   #2
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Wow, most of us try to put things "behind us" then forget it, but you've gone and sorted something that you must not forget is behind you; nice one.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 20:52   #3
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Was looking at the bailey pursuit myself as i am possibly going to change the van a little later in the year but, i love the unicorn range & would have to go for a 2 - 3 year old one but i keep hearing horror stories about the axles failing on them.
The pursuit seems good value for money though - i am sure you will enjoy it a great deal.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 16:29   #4
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

Not silly, life's too short, as I sadly found out recently

if you can afford it then enjoy!
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 16:35   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I have heard tales of damp issues with Bailey, around the floor, make sure you know what the warranty covers.
Old 9th January 2018, 18:49   #6
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
Was looking at the bailey pursuit myself as i am possibly going to change the van a little later in the year but, i love the unicorn range & would have to go for a 2 - 3 year old one but i keep hearing horror stories about the axles failing on them.
The pursuit seems good value for money though - i am sure you will enjoy it a great deal.

Steve.
Yea I've heard some similar stories, as well as certain issues with wheel bolts on certain models. But from what I've read it seems more of an issue on the Unicorn range, strangely, I assumed they'd all use the same parts. We were going to look with the intention of buying in a year or 2, 2nd hand. But got carried away while there, and the lure of factory fresh got to us (as did the discount off last years price)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timspencer View Post
Not silly, life's too short, as I sadly found out recently

if you can afford it then enjoy!
Yes, exactly, my mate is the opposite, loads in the bank, but won't buy anything unless it's an 'investment'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Wow, most of us try to put things "behind us" then forget it, but you've gone and sorted something that you must not forget is behind you; nice one.
Hopefully won't forget it's there, but the ZT seems pretty good at towing, so it is easy to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I have heard tales of damp issues with Bailey, around the floor, make sure you know what the warranty covers.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but TBH I've heard of damp issues with Elddis, around the front, and Swift along the top at the rear. Hopefully it's not a purchase we end up regretting, do enjoy getting away, even if it's only for a night or 2.
Old 10th January 2018, 18:49   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
damp is a problem across the industry

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 18:56   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Buying a caravan is not silly. We have tried all sorts of holidays and for me, the caravan is the best.
When I consider everything, space, cooking, cleaning, food, noise, getting my own water, emptying my own loo, drying wet clothes the caravan is better then hotels or a cruise.

Enjoy it. Are you towing with a 75?

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 21:24   #9
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Buying a caravan is not silly. We have tried all sorts of holidays and for me, the caravan is the best.
When I consider everything, space, cooking, cleaning, food, noise, getting my own water, emptying my own loo, drying wet clothes the caravan is better then hotels or a cruise.

Enjoy it. Are you towing with a 75?

macafee2
No, the act of buying a caravan isn't silly, popping in to look at the van, thinking to maybe get a 2nd hand one in a few years, and then putting a deposit down on a brand new one is though!

Yea, we've got 3 kids, 6, 3 and 1, before the youngest was born we did a couple of 'holidays' in premier inns. The room including breakfast for 4 wasn't bad, but lack of anywhere to make picnics meant we then had to eat out twice a day, so we were spending at least £40 a day, even if we only went to the beach.
Last June we went to have a look at what was around, and ended up buying our 1st 'van, and used it 5 times in the last 6 months! But the triple bunks weren't as practical as 1st thought, and turns out it was a little too heavy for my license.

Yes I'll be towing I with the ZT, diesel, supposed 155bhp remap. Seemed to cope fine with the old 'van, and according to the caravan club site it was a borderline bad match for the car. The new 'van is still over the recommended 85% but not by as much.