Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th June 2016, 17:12   #31
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Might I add that the remap chat has is the evolution of the one I've had for over 100k now which has served me well.

I had the latest revision with hard cut and some fueling tweets again also.

Cars happy as Larry on standard boost, might give it a little tweet soon also.

Because race car.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 18:25   #32
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

The dyno's are not good at measuring diesels with auto boxes.. I got silly diff ones when my car was tested, and the best reading was in fact the worst performing one in the real world....

At the moment i am running on a 160 installed by MarinaBrian then a general T4 tweaking from Jules to cure some light smoking, and the car runs really well now..

Last edited by James.uk; 9th June 2016 at 18:28..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 19:29   #33
MJx220
Avid contributor

ZT 131+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Youll never get more than around 155/160 with the tiny turbo our cars have out the box.
I spoke to Chaz quite recently when i dropped some bits off and there just isnt the flow in the turbo's to make anything more then that without really compromising turbo life and economy.
For example, winding up the boost may get you 165 but it'll smoke like hell in the higher rev range as the turbo runs out of airflow to match the requested fuel measure.
Basically to keep things running smooth with as little smoke and to keep reliability you'll never make more than 155/160.
The 160 t4 remap seems to never make 160bhp one of my cars has this map and the other a synergy box, both cars are 100% even in a side by side race literally nothing in it.

the synergy feels more responsive due to using the pierburg maf and my other has a 115k mile bosh maf so not ideal.

New turbo will be on and i reckon we'll finally be able to crack 200hp
That's interesting, what prices we looking at for a new turbo?
Old 9th June 2016, 19:48   #34
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
I dont like 4x4's and i only tow a Alfa 155R race car that weighs bang on 1000kg's and sometimes cars for mates and my own if needs be.

For every other day-day i use the car to and from work Middlesbrough to Barrow in Furness.
There's no way i'd be having a giant 4x4 for that, my dad used to have a XC90 D5 that did a woeful 25-30mpg... no for me thanks i have the RS6 if i feel i need to burn as much fuel as possible in the shortest time, be lucky to get an average of around 15-17mpg.

The two CDTi's i have do 47-53mpg and i get around 35-40 when towing depending on roads obviously.

Plus i like the character of these cars they have soul something most things dont have!
I'm not one for following trends i'll do things different because i like trying to push the envelope on whatever i own.
Both my Accord and RS6 have plenty of bits that are just not available to the masses with a lot being custom one off's, my brake kit on the Audi is derived from a GTR with 410mm AP discs and 6 pot callipers and will likely never be on general sale.

Anyways, the turbo is off a 525TDs beemer and should flow easily enough to achieve 200hp as long as fueling isnt an issue but we'll see i'll provide graphs over the coming weeks when it happens.
Jesus Christ! I'm glad I'm not the one paying for those discs or pads or calipers or pants when you get out of the car that needs brakes like that

BAE must pay more than I thought
Old 10th June 2016, 08:56   #35
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Do you take the 160 remap off and start from afresh ?
Or is the 160 (if it is 160) the baseline to start from?
Running two kinds of tune, won`t conflict come into it? where you have to "interfere" with someone else`s "copyrighted tune"
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 10:07   #36
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJx220 View Post
That's interesting, what prices we looking at for a new turbo?
I paid a measly £45 for the TD04-13-4 from a 525, its a 3 bolt flange (thats important, and its not VNT.
Our ECU's do have VNT control built into the ECU but its locked out and so far no one has been able to unlock it.
The newer Freelander with the M47TU2 engine has a VNT turbo so if there was a way to program that ECU onto our cars that would open up a lot more turbo options.
For now a simple wastegate operated turbo will do, i'm just playing around its all new.. no one's done anything like this yet i believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Jesus Christ! I'm glad I'm not the one paying for those discs or pads or calipers or pants when you get out of the car that needs brakes like that

BAE must pay more than I thought
Aye they arent cheap! although in fairness the pads are very good value at £152 for DS2500 (Ferrodo's) vs Audi OEM's at £250
Discs are also cheaper than Audi OEM at £750 a pair, which for what they are is a very good price, i get a decent discount on AP stuff as well so it all helps.
The brakes are IMMENSE and will stop the car as quick as it accelerates!

BAE is great, im on contract so that probably helps

If you ever want a run out in it and your around give me a shout!

Last edited by TomRS; 10th June 2016 at 10:10..
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 13:12   #37
MJx220
Avid contributor

ZT 131+ CDTi

Wow... that is cheap! How much work do you think it would take to get it on? And how much of a hit would the MPG take?
Old 17th June 2016, 14:58   #38
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Do you take the 160 remap off and start from afresh ?
Or is the 160 (if it is 160) the baseline to start from?
Running two kinds of tune, won`t conflict come into it? where you have to "interfere" with someone else`s "copyrighted tune"
Ken.
No Ken. The car will be flashed back to a standard ecu tune, the car will then have a provisional map placed on the car once various elements are checked over and then fueling and so on will be tweaked multiple times.

No one mate from the reidy / mad tuning / chaz origins will ever be the same as it's setup for each car regardless over a single generic remap.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 11:06   #39
BPS

ROVER 75

Hi all. Sorry to reply to an oldish post. I recently bought a Rover 75 Cdti. I live in Nottingham and am considering a remap. Does anyone know how I can contact Chas Lee?
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 12:24   #40
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS View Post
Hi all. Sorry to reply to an oldish post. I recently bought a Rover 75 Cdti. I live in Nottingham and am considering a remap. Does anyone know how I can contact Chas Lee?
He is on facebook, have replied to your pm

By the way guys if anyones interested in a remap after march/april time let me know as i haven't had mine done yet after the cutch failed on my zt which pushed a lot of jobs back .
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote