Closed Thread

Old 25th June 2016, 14:17   #31
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
To all those calling for a second referendum:- What, apart from the result, was wrong with the first vote?

If we do have another vote (yeah right!) and Remain win, does Cameron un-resign?

Also, should we, on this forum, have another poll to see if we should have a second vote?
I don't think we'll need to. Once the dust settles and the legal eagles start digging with a fine tooth comb, some clause will be discovered that gives us an out to remain in. And Boris Johnson can pick up his NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- that collapsed this morning.
Old 25th June 2016, 14:22   #32
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
To all those calling for a second referendum:- What, apart from the result, was wrong with the first vote?

If we do have another vote (yeah right!) and Remain win, does Cameron un-resign?

Also, should we, on this forum, have another poll to see if we should have a second vote?

"Nigel Farage previously said he would want a second referendum if Remain won by a narrow margin"
Old 25th June 2016, 14:31   #33
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
"Nigel Farage previously said he would want a second referendum if Remain won by a narrow margin"
Oh well - If Nigel said it was OK then lets do it!

(Sarc is on...................)
Old 25th June 2016, 14:31   #34
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In spite of being opposed to each other's views there was a sort of mutual respect between the two camps, in the public that is. This sort of thing is beginning to destroy that. Shame on them. What a tawdry lot.
Old 25th June 2016, 16:00   #35
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

If they vote again, and don't like the result------ We could play that game for ever innit.... lol....
Old 25th June 2016, 16:05   #36
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

I would love it if the margin turned out bigger
Old 25th June 2016, 16:19   #37
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

We had a vote, it went a certain way, now we have a large number of people that lost the vote, voting to have the vote again. If they won, we'd no doubt have a large number of people that won the first vote voting to vote again.

This is a farce.

The one thing that has anoyed me the most since the outcome, is that all of those who were before the referendum telling us how we're 'all the same', 'must unite to face up to discrimination and hatred' are now all posting statistics of the vote and seeking to blame the outcome on the 'past generation'.

To quote a common post on Facebook "Freedom of movement has been taken away by our parents, uncles and grandparents in a parting blow to a generation that was already drowning in the debts of its predecessors."

So basically they've taken away our rights, and our money.

This sounds remarkably similar to the hatred towards migrants on the other side.

Although I firmly believe we needed the referedum to settle the issue, and would accept the outcome either way. It seems to have brought out nothing but the worst in people on both sides.

Last edited by neilbaker86; 25th June 2016 at 16:40..
Old 25th June 2016, 17:26   #38
grteam
Avid contributor

75 Mk II CDTi Saloon ''Charlie Bravo Tango''

Hello all. I begin apologizing for daring to reply on this thread. Why? I am a Romanian economic migrant, in Belgium, to put it very short and concise. I do not mention why I am here to live and work, and not in Romania, my beautiful home country that I miss so much, because what EU did to my country, helped by the Romanian politic class, is another story. I might not stay in front of computer so much, or be interested so deep in politics in order to discuss the myriad statements on the threads here, by many users. You are for sure entitled to your points of view, and I am glad democracy worked, at least for one time since I live to remember (I was born in Soviet block Romania so democracy still needs to be defined in my system of values, but your referendum seems like a good exercise).
I perceive the turn of events in UK and rest of Europe as the dawn of a sad time. I might have said some time ago ''there should be an alarm signal for EU to wake up and reform'' and Brexit happening might be just that, but I doubt anything good will be out of it. I am sad to see you go, I am sad to see so much dormant xenophobia surfacing, I almost consider not showing my face at the next big MG Rover meet, not to stir up any of the dark feelings, that many of you have every right to have.
I really hope you will not allow the likes of Farage to steer Britain, otherwise the very benchmark of civilization and high standards, into the far right milky waters, you good, decent people never had a history of that.
Is so sad people can be deceived to think the resolution is so simple and at hand. Same happened to my county back in 1989, when a handful of very smart people used the blind force of the rage of common unhappy folk to demolish a society and a future, for some generations, now. We do not learn much, do we... Of course any comparison between the British society and eastern European, Balcanic societies is a stretch, so please do not feel offended, but somehow people tend to be... people, everywhere.
Is so sad to see the uncertainty of the times to come, with all economic, social and whatever consequences may come. Europe for sure is bursting under the weight of so much Euroskepticism, but probably this we deserve, for allowing the huge corporations and financial moguls take control of everything (personal point of view). I hope Britain will take back control, and I hope you will be able to make the best of it, your history stand behind you. Is true you have economic migrants from EU space, if they are one of the true causes of problems, they should for sure leave, with good and bad (depending if you employ such a person or you feel you lost opportunity of a job because of him).
Please do not feel offended I wrote these lines, at least we must be able to talk, are we
Old 25th June 2016, 17:58   #39
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Oh well - If Nigel said it was OK then lets do it!

(Sarc is on...................)
But Nige' has seen the result and accepted it and he is now prepared to move on and work with the hand that's been dealt without any more bother.

(Sarc seems to stuck on...)
Old 25th June 2016, 18:06   #40
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grteam View Post
Hello all. I begin apologizing for daring to reply on this thread. Why? I am a Romanian economic migrant, in Belgium, to put it very short and concise. I do not mention why I am here to live and work, and not in Romania, my beautiful home country that I miss so much, because what EU did to my country, helped by the Romanian politic class, is another story. I might not stay in front of computer so much, or be interested so deep in politics in order to discuss the myriad statements on the threads here, by many users. You are for sure entitled to your points of view, and I am glad democracy worked, at least for one time since I live to remember (I was born in Soviet block Romania so democracy still needs to be defined in my system of values, but your referendum seems like a good exercise).
I perceive the turn of events in UK and rest of Europe as the dawn of a sad time. I might have said some time ago ''there should be an alarm signal for EU to wake up and reform'' and Brexit happening might be just that, but I doubt anything good will be out of it. I am sad to see you go, I am sad to see so much dormant xenophobia surfacing, I almost consider not showing my face at the next big MG Rover meet, not to stir up any of the dark feelings, that many of you have every right to have.
I really hope you will not allow the likes of Farage to steer Britain, otherwise the very benchmark of civilization and high standards, into the far right milky waters, you good, decent people never had a history of that.
Is so sad people can be deceived to think the resolution is so simple and at hand. Same happened to my county back in 1989, when a handful of very smart people used the blind force of the rage of common unhappy folk to demolish a society and a future, for some generations, now. We do not learn much, do we... Of course any comparison between the British society and eastern European, Balcanic societies is a stretch, so please do not feel offended, but somehow people tend to be... people, everywhere.
Is so sad to see the uncertainty of the times to come, with all economic, social and whatever consequences may come. Europe for sure is bursting under the weight of so much Euroskepticism, but probably this we deserve, for allowing the huge corporations and financial moguls take control of everything (personal point of view). I hope Britain will take back control, and I hope you will be able to make the best of it, your history stand behind you. Is true you have economic migrants from EU space, if they are one of the true causes of problems, they should for sure leave, with good and bad (depending if you employ such a person or you feel you lost opportunity of a job because of him).
Please do not feel offended I wrote these lines, at least we must be able to talk, are we
Great to hear from you.

However.

Can i ask you a question ??.

Many of your countrymen have come to these islands but how many have come to your homeland from here by comparison.

Open borders seem to suit some more than others .
Closed Thread