Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2016, 19:21   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default Panama Papers

Getting interesting now , Cameron admits to benefitting from his fathers offshore financial dealings to the tune of £35k, what more is there to come out ?

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 19:33   #2
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Just been watching it on the news Rob, it is going to get very interesting indeed

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 19:46   #3
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

The paint companies will be in profit with the amount of whitewash that's to come.
It's funny how they recently forced mass surveillance laws into power for everyone but when they're caught with their hands in the till so to speak it suddenly becomes a private matter, you couldn't make it up.
It's a case of do what we say & not as we do.

It was definitely a staged leak to hurt Russia/Iceland/Iran/Syria but very few details of western leaders have been allowed to made public.
I'm hoping there's plenty of squirming & squeaky bum cheeks to come to light from all concerned.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 20:31   #4
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

They will probably cover up with wallpaper not paint on this occasion and all bought from George Gideon Oliver Osborne's family business at inflated rates

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 00:20   #5
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
They will probably cover up with wallpaper not paint on this occasion and all bought from George Gideon Oliver Osborne's family business at inflated rates
You cynic......
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 06:19   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

No doubt about it Cameron has been stupid in not coming clean 4 days ago. But from what has come out so far he has done nothing wrong at at all.

His Father set up a family trust which was valued at sale at circa £31,000. This trust was based offshore and when the dividends were received the income tax was paid on the dividend income. The purchase price was about £12,000 so the gain in 2010 was £19,000 - this gain was shared between Cameron and his wife so the gain was about £9,500 each.

As a family trust each member has their own HMRC annual CGT allowance that in 2010 was just over £10,000. So Cameron and his wife shared the gain so there was no CGT liability on this gain.

That said how Cameron and his "machine" have handled this is stunningly inept.

BUT! - the oppositions bleatings about this are pathetic given the likes of the TRUE TAX AVOIDANCE by Labour MP's !!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/b...in-the-UK.html

Typical that The Guardian gets all hot and bothered about Cameron actually doing nothing wrong at all and yet back in 2012 it remained silent on the overt tax avoidance by Margaret Hodge
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 06:46   #7
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Its been strange to see an ex pr/spin man like the PM tripping over his own feet the last few days. He must have known it would have all come out.

I don't remember much about her darcydog how much did she have to pay back?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 09:58   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I don't remember much about her darcydog how much did she have to pay back?
It was all over the financial press given her role at the time under Labour.

But the likes of the BBC and The Guardian chose not to run the story - so I am not surprised her story never got the coverage the BBC is giving to the "story" that Cameron did not pay CGT on a gain because it was below his personal allowance!!

This is from Wiki - (but it is accurate )

In was reported in late April 2015 by The Times that Hodge had benefited from the closure in 2011 of a Liechtenstein foundation which held shares in Stemcor using the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility, a legal means of returning undisclosed assets to the UK with reduced penalties. Hodge said she had played no part in administering or establishing the scheme.[44] Hodge gained 96,000 shares worth £1.5 million as a result. She explained: "All I could do as a shareholder in a company not run by me, and over which I had no influence or control, was to ensure that any shares I held were above board and that I paid all relevant taxes in full. Every time I received any benefit from the company this happened."

Stemcor was founded by Hodge's father, Hans Oppenheimer, and was run by her brother, Ralph, until September 2013.[43] Helia Ebrahimi, The Daily Telegraph's then City Correspondent, raised the issue in November 2012 of Hodge's suitability as Chair of the Public Accounts Committee, leading an investigation into the tax arrangements of a number of US companies operating in the UK given her family's company "pays just 0.01pc tax on £2.1bn of business generated in the UK"

Hmmmmmmm! - so here we are talking £millions and to the Guardian this was a bit of a non-event .............

Yet (Mr & Mrs) Cameron make a £19,000 gain - does not pay any CGT because the then CGT allowance is just over £10,000 each - and this is a big story?

Yes - Cameron and his minions should have handled it MUCH better!!! - but it really is a non-event that the BBC and the Guardian have wet their knickers over.

Oh deary deary me.............
Old 8th April 2016, 10:23   #9
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

With all the above, I'm surprised some are unsure as to the reasons lots of people don't vote!

We're certainly not "All in it together"...

And I am sure that "Things can only get better" is something of a dream...

The whole system needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Why should we just accept that we pay loads of taxes on what we earn and buy and this lot get expenses and don't?

The whole thing stinks.

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 10:34   #10
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post
With all the above, I'm surprised some are unsure as to the reasons lots of people don't vote!

We're certainly not "All in it together"...

And I am sure that "Things can only get better" is something of a dream...

The whole system needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Why should we just accept that we pay loads of taxes on what we earn and buy and this lot get expenses and don't?

The whole thing stinks.
Agree 100%