Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th June 2016, 15:37   #1
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Default Aftermath of the referendum starting.

I voted out for what I believe to be the right reasons as many did. One was to get back control of our borders, but not to make existing Europeans legitimately living and working here to now come under attack in the streets and at work.

One of my daughter in law's is Polish and hence my 4 yr. old granddaughter is half Polish. They live in Torquay and I have just come off the telephone with her and I am appalled at what she has told me. Many of their friends are being subjected to abuse at their places of work and in the streets and being encouraged to go home. My son recently gave up being a head chef and now makes cakes in a patisserie and many of the workers there are Poles and Romanians. They do the boring jobs that the locals will not apply for, or turn up for interviews from the Job Centre to do. At his place there are no problems but they are all coming into work with stories of how their friends are being abused at work and they are getting more verbal abuse in the streets and out and about. They are naturally very concerned and fear for their safety and futures over here.

Yesterday my daughter in law, after picking up the granddaughter from school, were both subjected to a violent verbal attack by a screaming out of control mother, telling her to go you know where and stop taking up places in the school. No one came to her help or gave support. She's made of strong stuff and says she's brushed it off but its left a very bad taste and my grand daughter is traumatised. Frankly I am furious and feel disgusted and impotent being so far away. Probably the reason why I am doing this post to get it out of my system.

Is this what this country is now going to become. A place that can only be described as full of racial intolerance again, where people cannot walk down the street or go to work for fear of attack and abuse. I thought that "Great Britain" was beyond that. This referendum appears to have given some what they believe is legitimate reasons for abuse and violence.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:41   #2
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Unforgiveable and wrong .

Sadly there are those who dont need much reason to carry on this way.

We see them on our streets everyday.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:44   #3
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

No one's perfik, give it time, people will settle down, and eventually i think we will find that very little has changed....
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:45   #4
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

One of my lads in work had the same thing last night, as he was walking his dog an idiot came out of the local off licence and said to him "happy Independence Day" my friend replied "what" in his polish accent and this local went off on one about poles being here taking our jobs and houses

The local lad was lucky it was Pawel he did that to and not some of the others, they would have folded the fool up and Sent him home crying, some people really need to wind there necks in.
Old 25th June 2016, 15:45   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

i would not think of abusing someone like that. which is more shameful the verbal attack or that no one came to stop it?
She should report it to the police.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:49   #6
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
Is this what this country is now going to become.
No, it is not what this country has now become, it's always been like it, with morons behaving in idiotic ways. Your loved ones should feel proud that "they know better" when it comes to behaviour and manners. The idots will not understand much about the logistics and rights of politics and people, but will moan about it whilst watching their silly TV soaps and living outside of reality.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 16:00   #7
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
No one's perfik, give it time, people will settle down, and eventually i think we will find that very little has changed....
So does that give them good reason to verbally abuse people in the street? I think not, not being perfect is no excuse for being a moron and bully
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 16:05   #8
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Les4048 please lighten up, that is what my post was intended to do.... Point out that nothing has changed, and maybe wont for years yet...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 16:08   #9
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

These minority idiots have always been here. The referendum has no bearing on it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 16:14   #10
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Absolutely appalling behaviour & should not be tolerated. One of the core points of Britishness is politeness and tolerance. Unfortunately this has been on the decline for a long time. The world would be a much better place if everyone would be tolerant of others differences.

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote