Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th March 2015, 09:34   #1
Paulifa1
Loves to post

75 launch car

Default Musings on the 75...

Well, it's been two weeks since I picked up my latest 75, a Launch car. It's the third one I've had in the last year as I just couldn't find a spec. I was happy with until now. I just love it. It is stunningly beautiful and has survived its 95,000 miles with virtually perfect original 16 year old paintwork! It does have a myriad of the usual afflictions to work through that will most likely cost me as much again as what I paid for it in parts alone, but I don't care, I'm going to keep this one and get it as close to perfect, show condition as I can over the coming months. I'll post up some piccies soon

So having an early car that I bought for pretty much peanuts, albeit with a lot of minor niggles to sort out. I got to thinking about the 75 in general...

The 75 in its original form was and still is beautiful. It never looked "modern", that was the point, it looked like a classic car from the outset, rather than of its time. This is why it's aged so well, it's just a timeless design.

With most of the earliest cars at 16 years old now, we're coming to the end of the budget transport phase. Numbers of surviving cars will continue to plummet as the bulk of current users who see the car solely as cheap transport scrap at the next major service item, such as a clutch, need for some suspension & brake work, or a head gasket failure.

In one way this is sad, but in another, not so much, it is the way of things. 15 years from now, remaining 75's will be highly valued and collectible, especially the early high specification cars, Cowley and pre-project drive Longbridge cars will be the ones to have, in Launch and Connoisseur SE trim most of all. The 2.5 V6 will be the engine to have, probably Auto., it's just so suited to the car.

So, for those of us in it for the long haul, get stocked up on parts & spares now whilst they are plentiful and cheap...

In 15 years time, you'll see people stood at car shows, looking at telephone number price tags and saying things like "You simply won't believe what I could have bought one of these for in 2015!"

Just my thoughts, yours may vary... Would love to revisit this post in 15 years if the forum survives and see how it pans out.
Paulifa1 is offline   Reply With Quote