Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2007, 19:30   #1
JMPB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Unhappy GPS Unit compatability

My original (faulty) Hi Line GPS unit has the following codes on it,

YIB 000160
HW 1:1
SW 3.0

Would a unit with the following codes be a direct replacement?

YIB 000260
HW 1:1
SW 3.0

When I connect the 000260 unit it does not give a GPS option on the menu screen & the remaining graphics become even more basic than standard.

any help appreciated!
JMPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 21:15   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Yes, the YIB 000260 will work as a direct replacement to the YIB 000160 unit, they are infact exactly the same its just that MG Rover changed the part number during production.

You have a Mark 3 Sat Nav computer, the mark 2 was similar but had a white lip just below the CD slot, and the original Mark 1 unit had male voice announcements.

The H W: refers to hardware level (ie) same machine, and S W: descibes the software version loaded.

It sounds like your problem is one of 2 possibilites:

1) the newly installed unit is not connected properly, check the purple and blue multiplugs are securely fastened in, and check that the connectors to the Video Module (the left hand unit under the plastic cover in the spare wheel well)

2) the replacement YIB000260 unit is faulty !

The main menu screen and all Sat Nav menu functions come from the Sat Nav Computer, but if for whatever reason this fails, or looses connection, the video module contains a back-up graphics unit and trip computer functionality which kicks in to allow you to still operate the remaining menu functions such as TV.

These back-up graphics look clunking and very computerised, and would explain why you also get no service from the Navigation option.

Make sure you allow the Nav Computer to properly shut down before disconnecting (wait a couple of minutes for the LEDs to go out on the front before you disconnect the battery)

Hope this helps.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 21:28   #3
JMPB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Many thanks for the info Reebs. I am indeed aware of the correct shutdown sequence before removing the unit after a fair bit of previous help from Keith.

I did mess up the codes above on my replacement, they should have read,

YIB 000260
HW 1.2
SW 4.2

with the difference in hardware & software codes should it be compatible?

All the connectors are clipped fully home fully and it does indeed looks like its fallen back to the video modual.
Oh hum good old Ebay............
Cheers, John

Last edited by JMPB; 6th March 2007 at 21:32..
Old 6th March 2007, 21:32   #4
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

John,

The difference in Hardware & Software codes won't have any adverse effect on the rest of the system, I recently swapped over an old Mark 2 Unit from a 1999 R75, and put in a Mark 3 with just those codes, it all worked a treat (except for the Trip computer option) which although present when I tested it in my 2002 car, didn't show in the 1999 car - as this is generated from the video module, and the older cars were never designed to display it anyway.

What was wrong with your original unit can I ask?

Last edited by Reebs; 6th March 2007 at 21:42..
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 22:24   #5
JMPB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
John,

The difference in Hardware & Software codes won't have any adverse effect on the rest of the system, I recently swapped over an old Mark 2 Unit from a 1999 R75, and put in a Mark 3 with just those codes, it all worked a treat (except for the Trip computer option) which although present when I tested it in my 2002 car, didn't show in the 1999 car - as this is generated from the video module, and the older cars were never designed to display it anyway.

What was wrong with your original unit can I ask?
Reebs, Original unit problems described under this thread, http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=2238

I have now the original one back in and it is functioning still with the original problems so it does look like the new unit is faulty.
Old 6th March 2007, 22:35   #6
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I have a working MK 3 I think (Swapped up to DVD MK4) from my car Made 2004, also Shut down Properly, with 2006 Sat Nav Genuine Disc. If interested PM with offer. Will eventually be putting it on EBay soon.
Yes I know MM put it under items for sale!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote