Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th April 2008, 12:34   #1
black olive
I really should get out more.......

260 SE vin 214 ( last mark 1 260 )

Default road rage nutter

going up to the gym last night, in the Clio, was going across a roundabout, myself and car in front of me in the nearside approach ( the approach used to be 2 lanes but now one lane chevronned off to the right )
Silver Audi sat on chevrons.

roundabout clears, and we set off, silver audi apparently isnt going right but straight on, and as I have blocked his exit( he would have had to swing over in front of me as there isnt a 2 lane exit off the roundabout- he blasts his horn). now OK, I will hold my hand up and say I cut him up- not at all intentionally- he was totally in the wrong position at the roundabout approach, and exit.

Anyway- that was it, until the next roundabout, which is quite a large one controlled by traffic lights.
Im in middle lane, he screams up on the inside of me, drivers window down, and is gesticulating and shouting. then overtakes on inside, and slaps his brakes on in front of me. we are now stopped in a lane of traffic with the lights on green, so I indicate and pull off to his outside. during this time I have not gesticulated, dropped my window, shouted to him, or veered about in the traffic.

round the roundabout I choose my exit lane ( LH lane) he is in outside lane , white van in middle lane.

He suddenly appears from in front of the white van and proceeds to try and open my car door- as this failed, and the lights had changed, I set off, ensuring he wasnt in any danger of being run over, but he chased after me and got a couple of good whacks on the drivers window.

I had noticed his vehicle reg, and was going to let the incident go, but thought, no why should I have to put up with this moron driving around in such a rage, also, the white van man may have reported the incident, so pulled I in at the next layby, and reported him to the police.

Unfortunately ( despite the fact that the man was 4'3 in his cuban heels) I was a bit shaken by the incident and must have got one of the digits wrong- so the PNC wasnt flashing up a silver audi- but have been given a ref number and told to ring the local station If perchance I see him on the road again .

So- no damage done, but if I had got out of the car and dropped him I would have been facing an assault charge- meanwhile- he continues to drive around like a wasp in a jam jar, losing his rag with anyone he isnt happy with

Now , Im not at all sizeist, perhaps there should be a compulsory lower height limit for drivers
Old 15th April 2008, 14:10   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

I am sure you took the best course of action which is, don't react, keep doors locked and report to police.
People like that really need to be taken off the road, preferably before they are scraped off the road by the emergency services. Or worse cause the same to some innocent motorist or pedestrian.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote