Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2007, 16:04   #1
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Default Lo-Line Nav and TrafficMaster

Lo-Line Nav and TrafficMaster
I have said in the past that installing TrafficMaster in cars with Lo-Line Nav is not going to work as both systems use the same input wire to the message centre

But I have had a think.

Maybe the two system could be separated by diodes so that either could update the screen as and when, this might work anyone want to try it?

DeeCee might be able advise better than me on this if he knows what format the data is sent in

Or (and this will work)
Use a toggle switch so you can select either, and when on the move with TM selected you would still have voiced nav commands.

Last edited by Keith; 3rd January 2007 at 17:16..
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 16:14   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Lo-Line Nav and TrafficMaster
I have said in the past the installing TrafficMaster in cars with Lo-Line Nav is not going to work as both systems use the same input wire to the message centre

But I have had a think.

Maybe the two system could be separated by diodes so that either could update the screen as and when, this might work anyone want to try it?

DeeCee might be able advise better than me on this if he knows what format the data is sent in

Or (and this will work)
Use a toggle switch so you can select either, and when on the move with TM selected you would still have voiced nav commands.

Keith, is this why I am told I cannot have TM even though I have the right connector block and the message centre instrument cluster? (No trip computer was an issue I understand)
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 16:15   #3
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

I would say a toggle switch might be the better option - the data transmissions may go negative so diodes will not work in the desired way ...

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:08   #4
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I would say a toggle switch might be the better option - the data transmissions may go negative so diodes will not work in the desired way ...
Yep my thoughts as well or it might be such a small voltage shift as to be not let anything through

I often wish I still had a scope!
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:12   #5
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Keith, is this why I am told I cannot have TM even though I have the right connector block and the message centre instrument cluster? (No trip computer was an issue I understand)
Explain?

Do you have Lo-Line and the TM plug pre wired then, if so thats odd, unless after a certain point in time they were just pre wiring all cars regardless

I reckon TM would be useful via a switch as you can then use it most of the time as in reality we don't need to use nav on routes we know do we whereas the TM system could be useful on almost every journey
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:18   #6
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
I reckon TM would be useful via a switch as you can then use it most of the time as in reality we don't need to use nav on routes we know do we whereas the TM system could be useful on almost every journey

And for those of use with blank 'space' under the ATC we could use that as a switch location . It may even be possible to use an oval switch to match in with the rest of dashboard...
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:23   #7
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

I was thinking something a bit more discreet like a micro toggle switch mounted in the cubby hole above the light switch.
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:33   #8
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
I was thinking something a bit more discreet like a micro toggle switch mounted in the cubby hole above the light switch.
That would be good too.
I'm all for getting things in-keeping with the original design of the car. (Hence my upgrade to a Symphony rather than an aftermarket headunit).

Perhaps a switch mounted onto the reverse-side of the left hand stalk? (this may be too ambitous though!!! )
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:37   #9
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Keith

I was wondering this a few weeks ago when TM was in full discussion when I realised I could not install it due to having Lo Line. If you think it would work I would like to give it a try but with the help of someone who knows what he is talking about
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:03   #10
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Explain?

Do you have Lo-Line and the TM plug pre wired then, if so thats odd, unless after a certain point in time they were just pre wiring all cars regardless

I have the CD413X CD player, Smartnav, the Message Centre instrument cluster and the connector block for TM but I am told that without the Trip Computer TM will not work?
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote