Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th April 2010, 11:16   #21
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

do you think on the jag channel, they say

"oh this guy came up to me in tesco and said, "lovely rover mate"

Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 12:00   #22
Jig The Pig
Regular poster

Vauxhall Insignia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
do you think on the jag channel, they say

"oh this guy came up to me in tesco and said, "lovely rover mate"

I doubt it. A jaguar looks like a Jaguar. The Rover 75 trys to look like a Jaguar, which is why you get "derrr looks like a Jag"
Old 11th April 2010, 20:19   #23
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig The Pig View Post
I doubt it. A jaguar looks like a Jaguar. The Rover 75 trys to look like a Jaguar, which is why you get "derrr looks like a Jag"
Sorry, But a 75 looks like a 75, if people think otherwise it's their problem.
the 75 is the Best Looking British Car of the 90's and the 00's (Facelift?)
Regards,
Telfer
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 20:24   #24
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig The Pig View Post

Er...no... a Rover 75 hearkens back to previous quality Rovers of the past...and manages quite successfully.......bog-all to do with Jags..

Last edited by Zeb; 18th April 2010 at 07:34..
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 20:32   #25
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

whats this thing with jaguar and rover owners . I had a guy on the m1 the other day, in a s type 2002 i think in the middle lane , i was in the outside lane , and he cut me up to get infront !!! it was if he didnt want a 75 passing him lol. and whats all this , a 75 looks like a jag ? people who say that should of gone to spec savers..
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 21:13   #26
grossebaby
Gets stuck in

SUBARU LEGACY DIESEL

I've looked at x types to replace my ZT as they are comparatively cheap for a 2.2 Tourer, trouble is I just know it will not be as nice as my ZT. I think the x type is very nice though, but it does look unresolved in the styling dept, they have just tried to make a smaller XJ and the proportions don't quite work and it is too small inside, that said I think my ZT is a bit pokey nowadays when you look at the new stuff out there.

I quite like s type facelifts and love the XF, the old XJ and the new one too, I would be so happy to have enough cash to spend on one of the new Jaguars, but I don't.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:10   #27
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

We bought our CDT Tourer in May 2005, and a couple of months later, we looked at a diesel X type estate at the Kent Show on the Jag display. I was curious to make a comparison between the two and it frankly left me dissapointed.

This was a fully tooled up car with all the toys which was fine, but it was the finish and materials that I didn't think did the Jaguar badge justice. Some of the interior trim and in particular, the fascia panel on the inside of the tailgate I would not have accepted were it me paying out the £27k that was in the windscreen.

Admittedly, this was the only one I have looked at in detail, but it has coloured my views of the car. I would give it the benefit of the doubt if on the lookout for a replacement for out tourer.
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 23:19   #28
south bank
Avid contributor

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Pre-Facelift)

Both Jaguars really frustrate me.

I can appreciate the 4 wheel drive system in the Jag X-type and certainly would appreciate the sure-footedness, particularly in snow or in the wet. For me, the rest of the car is too uncomfortable, impractical, and unreliable. To quote a buying guide I've got stashed away somewhere: "X-Type owners aren't a happy bunch" due to high maintenance costs and reliability issues.

The facelift Jag S-type is definately better than the pre-facelift, but not good enough to have prised me away from a 75. I really fell out with the interior of the S-Type when I was looking around before buying the Rover.

I like and always liked the idea of Jaguar performance and pedigree, which is what frustrates me. Both cars should be far better than they are.
south bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 00:12   #29
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

the newer s-type R is so amazinglt nice! colour coded with black leather interior and mesh grill, its basically the zt version.........plus did i mention its v8 supercharged engine?
MG- MY GOD
g-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 07:28   #30
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

We have a Jag S-type 3l manual as well.
The Jaguar engine is far better then the Rover V6 2.5. It has far more power and torque yet better fuel economy! The running costs are only great if you let Jaguar service the car. Here they are largely incompetent, and only capable to replace, not repair.
I like the shape of the S-type and think it is one of the few modern cars which is built with the heart and not a computer. But then I guess I am prejudiced having a MKII as well.
My wife actually drives the 1.8T Rover in preference to the S-type, it is lighter and almost as quick, the fuel economy is good and it is automatic, which makes it better suited for congested traffic.
The X-type in my view is a big mistake, and whichever way I look at it, should not have been produced. The styling harks back to the MK10 or the 420G, but, as they say --beauty is in the eye of the beholder.!
What is worse is that the X-type has largely captured sales from the S-type. When the X-type was launched here, the S-type went up in price by almost one third and the X-type slotted in where the S-type used to be. That makes no sense to me at all. The main reason the X-type was sold in preference to the S-type was this price anomaly. And little good did it do Jaguar as a company.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote