Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th December 2014, 15:52   #2321
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42 View Post
hi coab,
bit of a odd one.
when I did the cooling fan I took off the battery and the front end .
put the front end back on and the battery would not start up.
put my little red toy on and came back as cam shaft sensor.
so I thought that's a bit odd. so took every thing off all looked ok.
so took the battery off again left it for 10min put it back and it started up ok.
put front end back on. and its been ok ever since.
drove it to Leicester and around Leicester with a few stops and all was ok.
so I really don't know what was going on.
leave battery off for minimum 30 mins....
Old 19th December 2014, 15:53   #2322
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Office was quiet this afternoon, so went out to the garage for a 'tinker'.

I did the bonnet cable divider mod., which I have been meaning to do for ages. I followed the method of Jules et.al. (thanks chaps !) - a nice smooth bonnet release now.

I also took the trim panels off above the pedals to spray some grease on the squeaky clutch pedal pivot. I thought I would check the slave cylinder fluid level whilst I was under there (I have a Mark 1 Tazu with copper pipe). Could I get the top off the reservoir ? - could I heck as they say in a county north of here !. Tried getting a jubilee clip round the cap to turn it - no joy. I think I could see fluid through the plastic of the reservoir, so I have left if for the moment - I'll get Andy Willi to check it when I get round to asking him to do my clutch.

Might do the hydramount tomorrow if time/energy levels allow !

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 15:54   #2323
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
I converted my courtesy lights to Amber Leds to match the dash.
Much brighter and a really cosy glow. Looks great when you walk up to car and press the remote and the interior glows orange.
I could have done blue but everyone has that and its cold looking.
Have you done the "Ambient" light mod in the arm rests
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 22:42   #2324
Valkman
Avid contributor

ROVER SE 75 CDTI

Man that sounds like a great
idea! I have loads of leds left and I have lots of micro switches. My next plan was under seats and door armrests etc but with weather and bad flue it's on hold. Also planning on putting ultrasonics onto alarm.
Valkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 23:29   #2325
Ron delrio

MG ZT

Default What a mess !!

Hi Guys ..Thought i would share these pics with you ..As you know i have only had MG ZT for just over two weeks now but i have started with a few basics and checked off some of the things that were on my advisory list from my MOT ...Today i changed the pollen Filter which wasn't to bad and then i decided to check the ERG valve while was was at it ..OMG >>take a look at these !!! I had to do my best to try and clean as much of the **** out as i could but i think it needs more than a clean !!!
IS there so much deposit from lack of maintanance from previous owner or do i have a bigger problem ? There was no emmisions advisory of the MOT and the car idles nicely and belive it or not the valve actually functions correctly, may be not perfectly but it functions, which i found totally amazing ..any ideas guys ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0128.jpg (122.8 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0129.jpg (136.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0133.jpg (135.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0134.jpg (130.2 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0135.jpg (137.1 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Ron delrio; 20th December 2014 at 23:53..
Ron delrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 23:36   #2326
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Well tonight at about 10, I popped out to give my car a rub over ready for tomorrow at the Halfway House meet. It won't be the shiniest car there but hopefully I won't be asked to park it elsewhere.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 07:27   #2327
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron delrio View Post
Hi Guys ..Thought i would share these pics with you ..As you know i have only had MG ZT for just over two weeks now but i have started with a few basics and checked off some of the things that were on my advisory list from my MOT ...Today i changed the pollen Filter which wasn't to bad and then i decided to check the ERG valve while was was at it ..OMG >>take a look at these !!! I had to do my best to try and clean as much of the **** out as i could but i think it needs more than a clean !!!
IS there so much deposit from lack of maintanance from previous owner or do i have a bigger problem ? There was no emmisions advisory of the MOT and the car idles nicely and belive it or not the valve actually functions correctly, may be not perfectly but it functions, which i found totally amazing ..any ideas guys ?
Don`t know if you have any problems but it cannot harm cleaning it up, have you looked up on EGR ByPass kits??
Ken
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 07:37   #2328
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
IS there so much deposit from lack of maintanance from previous owner or do i have a bigger problem ?
It's common to have a gummed-up EGR valve like yours so don't worry. It's a result of oily intake air combining with sooty exhaust gases released by the valve. The valve is easy to clean and well worth doing - there are various favoured methods so do a forum search to seem. The inlet manifold will also be gummed up and so may need cleaning. It's not quite as simple as cleaning the EGR valve but again will prove worthwhile.
LeRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 00:22   #2329
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:

That's clean !!
we've seen a lot worse than that

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:11   #2330
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
That's clean !!
we've seen a lot worse than that
Most certainly have, clean the EGR like the ones in the last two pics also clean the manifold if and when you have time, removing the map sensor first
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k4azw1.jpg (44.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 1ewbc3.jpg (42.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 534.jpg (114.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 535.jpg (113.6 KB, 34 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote