Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Northern Ireland & Éire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th November 2010, 01:20   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Thumbs up CANCELLED - Go karting - Due to costs

Ok folks, im going to organise another NI event in February, why not sooner? Christmas is coming and everyones broke January!

Last two have been quite good, but I want to build on the success of it and get something that everyone can really enjoy!

Im thinking Saturday the 5th for the date, last two events have been on Sundays so this will allow people who didnt come (be it family, church, football even) the opportunity as a few people have since said they would have preferred a opportunity.

As for what plans well ive been giving this some thought. February isnt the warmest month, but then again, what is over here, so I thought what if a bunch of us MG and Rover fans where to go go-karting? Not limiting any specific car, (eg 75/ZS etc, anything Rover or MG of origins).

Ive done it three times before, and whilst im totally ****, was great fun! Now im looking suggestions on the location, but ive had two excellent experiences here on both their indoor and outdoor circuit, and must admit, the indoor one is very frantic and fun but nothing anyone cant do! The outdoor one is totally flat sadly.

http://www.raceviewkarting.co.uk/

Just outside of Ballymena, extremely easy to get too from anywhere in NI (its on the main and newly improved Ballymena Dual Carriageway which is a direct link from the M2).

So how about it folks? Would there be GENUINE interest in this one? I know there are other karting areas, but ive known a lot of people who have used it, and its a very good beginners track the indoor, but you can start to do some great track times when you get the lines and the Grand Prix is AWESOME fun.

People would maybe have to pay a deposit to me in advance (eg via pay pal or whatever, id prefer pay pal as then everyone can have a record of what they payed me for).

Please folks, if theres GENUINE interest in this one, let me know as ive no issues organising it! I might even buy some tiny plastic trophies for awards like ''best overall lap of the day'' ''roadrager'' ''I didnt think you'd squeeze into the kart fat boy'' and ''best crash/bump''

Come on folks, lets make this one special!

EDIT - Please note ive also a regional group on facebook should anyone wish to contact me via that, or do some general networking and also keep all the meet photos online there also.

Rover and MG Car Owners Northern Ireland

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and the public liability insurance doesnt cover NI anyways.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 19th January 2011 at 23:00.. Reason: Spelling
Old 20th November 2010, 14:59   #2
SteveWaller
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdti Contemporary SE

Sounds good. Raceview is only up the road from me.
Old 1st January 2011, 09:09   #3
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

I will be arranging this in the next week or two, so im adding the additional information about the day here.

Quote:

Minimum age 16, Min 10 Drivers – Max 80

A Deposit of £100 is required to confirm your booking

£35 per driver

The Raceview Grand Prix is an event for 10 to 80 drivers that wish to compete as individuals and race for points in a series of heats. Points are awarded based on heat finishing positions, with the winner receiving maximum points. After all drivers have completed their Heats, Quarterfinal and Semi-Final, there's a Grand Final race for the top 6 drivers.
The Grand Prix consists of:

• Practice laps for every driver
  • 4 Heats per driver, each heat starting in a different grid postion
  • Quarter-Final Races to determine the grid for the Semi -Finals
  • Semi-Final Races to determine the grid for the Grand Final
  • Top 6 drivers compete in the Grand Final race
Practice
Each driver has practice laps that ensures each driver has the chance to learn the track before competing in the race for points.

HEATS

Each driver races in 4 heats, each heat starting in a different grid position. When the red lights go out and the green goes on the race begins. The first driver to complete the laps is the winner of the heat and is awarded maximum points, the next driver across the finish line is awarded the next highest points, and so on. Points are accumulated to determine the grid line up for the Quarter-Final race. Finishing position in the Quarters gives you the grid slot for the Semi-Final race. If you do well in the Semis you will make it to the Grand Final.
The top 6 Drivers then compete in the Grand Final race, the highest scoring driver takes pole position. A Trophy is presented to the winner and certificates for second and third. Everyone receives their own personal data sheet showing how they did in each race and fastest laps.
So folks, how does this sound to everyone. Can I get definate interest in this, as people have spoken to me individually via PM and such but I want to build up a list of definates so I can make arrangements.
Old 1st January 2011, 13:10   #4
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

im up for it Colin
Old 1st January 2011, 13:12   #5
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Good news

1 - Colin_NI
2 - SteveWallar
3 - G-Mac
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

etc
Old 1st January 2011, 21:22   #6
SteveWaller
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdti Contemporary SE

I'm up for it for sure, unless it ends up being on the weekend of the 11th and 12th Feb as I will be away camping in North Wales on the bike that weekend.
Old 2nd January 2011, 11:46   #7
soixante-quinze
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Not likely for me
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:29   #8
IceBlueNi
Avid contributor

2004 ROVER 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE

Unfortunately can't make it Colin. Soz
Old 14th January 2011, 15:06   #9
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Its proving difficult to get interest for this event, maybe due to costs so close to Christmas, so im going to just outright cancel it.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:52   #10
BIG 'G'
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
Its proving difficult to get interest for this event, maybe due to costs so close to Christmas, so im going to just outright cancel it.

yeah colin i think your right there, i think its due to costs being so close after crimbo everyones skinted plus with the vat and fuel prices soaring its hard to justify spending £35, maybe if you held a normal meet like the last one were its about the cars, more people might be interested, it was a good idea in theory mate but wasnt to be, keep the good work up mate your doing a grand job!!!

MODS SO FAR....DECAT, RE-MAP, FULL STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM, 190 BIG BRAKE CONVERSION, ERG BYPASS, GBE D-EVO MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER, AIR INTAKE MOD, VITON O RINGS, DRIVERS SIDE GRAB HANDLE, SMD SIDE AND NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, HID 6000K KIT,SMD INTERIOR LIGHTS, HALF LEATHER & ALCANTARA INTERIOR.
Closed Thread