Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Northern Ireland & Éire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th January 2011, 00:38   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Exclamation NI Regional Meet Saturday 12th Feb 2011 - Event Revised

With the ever rising cost of petrol and everyone being tough for money after the new year, I figured after cancelling the go-kart event that a smaller, MUCH CHEAPER event should replace it that everyone can attend also the 5th didnt seem to suit everybody!

As always the event welcomes any Rover or MG owners (such as MG ZR, Metros, Rover 800 etc) that wish to come along and is not exclusive to Rover 75 or MG ZT owners. We will be especially welcoming to non-owners who are potentially interested in purchasing a Rover 75 or MG ZT.

The Event

My suggestion for the next event location is the "Titanic Dock and Pump House" in Belfast on Saturday the 12th February 2011.

http://www.titanicsdock.com/

Note the club public liability insurance doesnt cover us folks in NI.

Not only does it offer a safe, secure and well layed out parking locationwhich will be ideal for ourselves. There is also a visitors centre, shop and cafe and a historical tour including the pump house taking around 40 minates which is rated extremely highly by the tourist association. The tour is only available on Satudays at 2pm.

Additionally it has first class facilities for disabled access, changing facilities for children and mother and baby rooms also. Plus should the weather be against us, then the indoor facilities will again work to everyones advantage.

The suggestion

My thoughts are prehaps everyone gather outside on the day around mid day, spend some time in the facility and then have a meal in the cafe, followed by a photoshoot prehaps of the cars and club members enjoying themselves? I think it would be great to have the NI members all at a popular NI tourist spot!

As you can see in this picture they have hosted car events previously however im basing our event on a smaller scale than the collection of cars in the photo.

What the tourist board say....

Quote:

Titanic's Dock and Pump-House comprises a 7-acre scheduled monument site which includes the Thompson Dry Dock and its associated Pump-House.

The Pump-House was once the beating heart of Harland & Wolffs operation during the construction of the great White Star Liners - Britannic, Olympic and most famously the RMS Titanic. The Thompson Dock itself is the footprint of Titanic and provides an amazing representation of the scale of the ship. Today the Pump-House comprises of a Visitor Centre & Café with daily guided tours in operation - the only publicly accessible intact piece of the Titanic's great legacy which is open in the city of her birthplace, Belfast.

Tours of the Pump House are available all year round and include an interactive audio visual display. Our tour guide will give visitors an in-depth understanding of the story of the dock, having special access inside the Pump-House to meet the ‘Apprentice’, and will walk along the full length of the dock to truly capture the size and scale of the Titanic, where they can also view the caisson gate.

There is disabled access to the Pump-House available. Some of the ground surface can be uneven, please wear appropriate footwear and dress for the weather. Male, female, disabled toilets & baby changing facilities provided on site.
I feel this would be a really simple and enjoyable event for everyone similar to the event in August which was hugely popular.

Costs

Adult £6.00
Children (Age 5-16) £4.00 - Children under 5 go FREE
Family ticket (2 adults + up to 2 children) £15.00

Costs for parking is free subject to the purchase of guided tours or purchases of refreshments/souvenirs to the value of £5 in the Visitors Centre otherwise parking charges are as follows:

Cars Free with guided tours or other purchases or:

Half Day - £3.50
Full Day - £10

Basicially with everyone going inside for a tour or a cafe visit then we will have our parking payed for. The parking is via a barrier system for additional security.

Getting there..... - Main Landmark: The Odyssey Arena

Point B on the map below is your destination. It should be noted the Belfast Harbour Estate doesnt function well with Sat Navs and despite being seperated into a dozen postcodes, recongises the entire area as a single map region.

From the South:

Continue from the M1 onto the Westlink. Follow the signs to the M3 (City Centre/Belfast City Airport/A2). From the M3 take the Queen’s Island turn off. At the cross roads with traffic lights go straight ahead. You are now on the Queen’s Road. Continue past the Odyssey Arena’s Coach Park and Titanic's Dock & Pump-House is exactly 1 mile along the road on the left hand side. There are brown tourist signs along the road to guide you.

From the North/West:

Continue down the M2 towards Belfast and get into the lane marked ‘M3 (Belfast (E) Belfast City Airport)’. This will now take you over the Lagan Bridge. Once on the Lagan Bridge (M3) take the Queen’s Island turn off. At the cross roads with traffic lights go straight ahead. You are now on the Queen’s Road. Continue along the road and Titanic's Dock & Pump-House is exactly 1 mile up on the left hand side. There are brown tourist signs along the road to guide you.

From the Ards Peninsula/Belfast City Airport:

From the Airport, take the Underpass towards Belfast City Centre. You are now on the Sydenham Bypass. (The Sydenham Bypass (A2) is also the main route into Belfast from the Ards Peninsula and North Down).
Exit the Sydenham Bypass at the Dee Street junction (from the right lane) and at the mini roundabout (approximately 25 meters from the junction) turn left. You are now on the Sydenham Road. Continue down the Sydenham Road until your reach the cross roads with traffic lights (as marked on the map) and turn right at the lights. You are now on Queen’s Road. Continue along the road exactly 1 mile and Titanic's Dock & Pump-House is on the left. There are brown tourist signs along the road to guide you.

Register your interest

For those wishing to go to the event, please add your name to the list below, copying and pasting in your reply.

I will keep updating the list with everyone that I know of from the sites that are likely to turn up, the other guests from other clubs I wont know for sure until sooner.

Updated Saturday 05/2/2011 for those in attendance that I currently know off!

1 - Colin (Colin_NI - Club Regional Secretary MG ZT)
2 - Gareth McCullogh (Gmac from club, MG ZT)
3 - Will (0ii0 from club, MG ZT)
4 - Mike Curran (The Rover man along with his Rover woman Maureen, either his SD1 or his Rover 75)
5 - James Thompson (Rover 25 from facebook)
6 - Gareth Firth (MG ZS from .org)
7 - Brian Millar (MG ZS from .org)
8 - Mad Mel (Rover 45 from .org 50/50)
9 - Neill Jeffery (neilljeffery fom club, Rover 75 Tourer)
10 - Sven Sktoppen (svensktoppen from RMS, 1.8 K series Lotus Elise)
11 - Adam Hamilton (Good friend of mine, Primrose Yellow 75)
12 - Craig (craig8661 from .org, Rover 75)
13 - Helen (craig8661 misses from .org in her Rover 25)
14 - Philip McQuillan (Phil from club, in MG ZT providing graduation doesnt clash!)
15 - Pete (NineK from RMS, potentially MG Midgit!)
16 - Gary (IceBlueNI from club, Rover 75)
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -

PLEASE NOTE, WE WILL BE PARKING IN THE CAR PARK NOT AROUND THE DOCK FOR INSURANCE REASONS!!!

People can contact me using my phone number IF YOU PM ME I WILL SEND IT TO YOU, msn and e-mail address below, images used to prevent spam mail.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 5th February 2011 at 00:51..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 19:00   #2
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

I have now confirmed that numbers will be boosted significently with various members from the Classic Rover Club of Northern Ireland attending the event also!
Old 21st January 2011, 00:03   #3
0ii0
Regular poster

MG-ZT

Hmmmmmm Not sure about this.

Altho I just noticed I'm in that picture ... Ha ha ha ha
0ii0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 00:07   #4
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Go on mate, go crazy. Ive been in contact with the MGOCNI now and a few of them will make it down on the day.

Between the various rover sites, local sites, clubs and the face book page ive got at least a dozen cars going already and thats just since I threw it up last night.
Old 21st January 2011, 00:15   #5
0ii0
Regular poster

MG-ZT

Car a bit sick at the moment. should have it back tomorrow with a Torbo "hopefully" not burning all my oil....!

Oh go on so....

I'll look up Hotels

Last edited by 0ii0; 21st January 2011 at 00:19..
0ii0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 00:44   #6
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

I will keep updating the list with everyone that I know of from the sites that are likely to turn up, the other guests from other clubs I wont know for sure until sooner.

2 - Will (0ii0 from club, MG ZT)
3 - Mike Curran (The Rover man along with his Rover woman Maureen, either his SD1 or his Rover 75)
4 - James Thompson (Rover 25 from facebook)
5 - Gareth Firth (MG ZS from .org)
6 - Brian Millar (MG ZS from .org)
7 - Mad Mel (Rover 45 from .org 50/50)
8 - Neill Jeffery (neilljeffery fom club, Rover 75 Tourer)
9 -
10 -
Old 31st January 2011, 18:30   #7
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Small update.

Updated Saturday 22/1/2011 for those in attendance that I currently know off!

3 - Will (0ii0 from club, MG ZT)
4 - Mike Curran (The Rover man along with his Rover woman Maureen, either his SD1 or his Rover 75)
5 - James Thompson (Rover 25 from facebook)
6 - Gareth Firth (MG ZS from .org)
7 - Brian Millar (MG ZS from .org)
8 - Mad Mel (Rover 45 from .org 50/50)
9 - Neill Jeffery (neilljeffery fom club, Rover 75 Tourer)
10 - Sven Sktoppen (svensktoppen from RMS, 1.8 K series Lotus Elise)
11 - Adam Hamilton (Good friend of mine, Primrose Yellow 75)
12 - Craig (craig8661 from .org, Rover 75)
13 - Helen (craig8661 misses from .org in her Rover 25)
14 - Philip McQuillan (Phil from club, in MG ZT providing graduation doesnt clash!)
15 - Pete (NineK from RMS, potentially MG Midgit!)
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:03   #8
IceBlueNi
Avid contributor

2004 ROVER 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE

Hey Colin,
Just noticed this, looks like would be a good day. Do you know if anyone is bringing any kids. I have my daughter on saturday's. She might enjoy this also.
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:48   #9
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlueNi View Post
Hey Colin,
Just noticed this, looks like would be a good day. Do you know if anyone is bringing any kids. I have my daughter on saturday's. She might enjoy this also.
Yes mate theres a few going with familys mate, some as young as 6 up to early teens. There will be families from other clubs there also, Classic Rover group are very family focused.

Shall I include you on the list?
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:56   #10
IceBlueNi
Avid contributor

2004 ROVER 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE

Hi Colin,
Yea stick my name down. Should be a good day. Hopefully the weather improves by then