Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th May 2015, 14:04   #1
theridler
Gets stuck in

ZT-T+ CDTi '54 reg

Default Electric seats manually drive fwd/back ...

Hi, thought I'd share how I got round driving seat forwards & backwards when using seat switch just kept blowing fuses... (i.e. - short somewhere...). Would also be helpful when trying to remove powered seat from car with no power supply (e.g. from a scrapped vehicle...). This started last year when I had help shifting the seat from Pauld & Dattrike at a nano (Paul kindly let me have the cable I now use...).

OK... general plan - basically I disconnected the 2 pin connector for motor that goes across the front of the seat, then connected the male 2 pin plug to 12V to drive the seat forwards & backwards. I had to do this about 3-4 times before I found the culprit (short on the main orange/yellow wire from fuse 53 to driver's seat...). At that stage I just had a 2 wire cable (4mm^2) and 2 crocodile clips (to clip straight on to battery). This cable was clamped into a 2 way chocolate block. Out of the chocolate block I had 2 wires which sockets on the end which were a nice fit over the pins in the motor plug... I fitted one wire to a pin and touched the other wire to the other pin to check which way the seat went... then drove seat backwards or forwards to get access to the front or rear bolts (T50 bit was good enough to undo bolts).

At a recent nano I had need to use it again for someone who also had a shorting wire... so I had to cobble it together again... so I thought for something to do I'd neaten it up.

Parts I needed:
(On)Off(On) Momentary Large rocker switch (DPDT).
2 relays (I think are YWB10012??, yellow box anyway...) - need this to protect the switch from DC arcing??? not sure I've got it right here... maybe won't use them can't do this as it causes polarity problems in wiring!
Fuse in-line - 20A???
Old 2 pin socket from seat side of electric seat fwd/back motor.

Need to finish this later! got work to do - I'll edit it this evening... picture of switch & wiring diagram etc...

Last edited by theridler; 14th May 2015 at 15:10..
theridler is offline   Reply With Quote