Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd September 2009, 14:23   #1
Voyager
Banned

Non-Rover (currently...)

Default I'm looking for a diesel....

Hi there! This is a fantastic forum, full of really useful information. I've found you while searching for a 'new' car and I've been considering getting a Rover 75/MG ZT diesel and, having looked back through the posts on here I can see there are some folk who are very switched on as to what is out and about out there, wonder if anyone can point me towards what I'm looking for?

Must be a diesel, I like the look of the tourer but, with the need to carry long things infrequent, a saloon with folding rear seats would be fine. I would much prefer leather, not overly keen on red cars but that would not be a deal breaker if the otherwise 'right' car turns up. Not that fussed about mileage as long as it has some paperwork, runs properly and looks good. Don't want one that looks like it has been used by a builder and eaten by his dog and driven in a banger race. I'd prefer if it is post March 2001 for the 'cheaper' road tax.

However, I do have a limited budget. I'm down in Somerset and while I would be happy to travel for the right car I don't want to get to Aberdeen and find the builder and his dog just back from the banger race when I get there. Obviously there are things I'd expect to want to do to it (Synergy, MAF, EGR bypass, decat, fan and the like) so I would take that into account if the car is already done.

Seen this and it is so nearly right. If it were not 140 miles away, or not green inside (so that does matter a bit!), or was £400 cheaper, or didn't have a dent in the sill or someone were to buy it and save me the ponder, it would be perfect! I missed a light gold 90k '2000 W' 'special edition' with leather and 'FSH' for £1595 in my local paper a couple of weeks ago. D'oh! (Though I didn't see it so it might have been a shed)

So, what is out there for a hopeful like me?

Last edited by Voyager; 3rd September 2009 at 14:51.. Reason: Unable to post a link correctly!
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:37   #2
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

Welcome to the club

I don't know about the Lidl Perforator set you looked at but I don't suppose theres any point in me suggesting this one as you don't like green?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=44090

Shame, its got a nearly new clutch in it as well...........

Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:37   #3
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Hi there and welcome to the club.

Good luck with your search and let the forum know your maximum budget and we can let you know what is about.

Unfortunately your link takes us to Lidl and an advert for perforators??

I assume you have pasted the wrong info!!

Cheers

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:44   #4
Voyager
Banned

Non-Rover (currently...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
I don't know about the Lidl Perforator set you looked at but I don't suppose theres any point in me suggesting this one as you don't like green?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=44090

D'oh! That was a good start.

Yep, yours is so nearly right. The new clutch was not unnoticed. Heated seats too. If you were closer I'd have been in touch to come and have a look already.

Does the rear seat fold?
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:50   #5
Voyager
Banned

Non-Rover (currently...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
Good luck with your search and let the forum know your maximum budget and we can let you know what is about.
£2k. But for that I'd want a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
I assume you have pasted the wrong info!!
Yep, it was meant to be Messenger's CDT with the Deep Sea Green interior.

It ticks a lot of boxes.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:58   #6
Voyager
Banned

Non-Rover (currently...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
How many miles ago?

One thing I would rather like (as I have got used to it with my current car) is steering wheel controls for the stereo.

Yours looks like it has it.

Another box ticked if it has.
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:20   #7
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I seriously doubt you will find a better car than the one Messenger is selling at that price. :lol:

And you may well regret letting it go if that's your final choice..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:42   #8
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

I agree with James. If your budget is only £2k Messenger's is about as good as you might find.

On saying that I found this one that looks pretty good:

W Reg CDT Club SE (Cowley car) in Wedgwood Blue with Unions with 124k on the clock and history (accoring to the ad) for £1995. Looks in good order in the photos, however it is a Club SE, so cloth seats.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...cleRegLetter=W

Car is hopefully not too far from you.

Regards

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:48   #9
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
How many miles ago?

One thing I would rather like (as I have got used to it with my current car) is steering wheel controls for the stereo.

Yours looks like it has it.

Another box ticked if it has.

Clutch was around 4000 miles ago and yes it does have steering wheel controls and the CD payer is in the glovebox, feel free to give me a ring if you want, my phone number is in my signature:lol:.

Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:21   #10
Voyager
Banned

Non-Rover (currently...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I seriously doubt you will find a better car than the one Messenger is selling at that price. :lol:.
Are you on commission? As I've written already, it is so nearly right and I've no reason not to think it is a fine car, but I'm not sure (for a number of reasons) that it's quite the right one for me.

And I've found that everything does come to those who wait. While I waited 14 years to get a rather rare motorcycle, I'd like to find the 'right' CDT before November!
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
And you may well regret letting it go if that's your final choice..
Actually it was my first choice. I'd really like to consider a few more before making a decision! They certainly are out there - and not always advertised in the 'usual' places.

For instance this will be getting a call tomorrow. 'Wrong' colour perhaps but the right colour inside make up for it.
Quote:
Rover 75 Connoisseur, W Reg 2000,2.0Turbo Diesel,Met Red,Air Bags, Cream Heated Leather, Full Electric Pack, TV,CD, Sat Nav, Alloy Wheels, Service History, Tax/MOT £1895

However, caviet emptor as usual!

I've even found a dealer apparently with a stock of unregistered (and registered) Rovers and MG's with 'delivery' mileage.... 'POA' though and with it pictured with '£19,495' in the window - that doesn't fill me with much hope of a deal!

Quote:
Mg Zt 135 Cdti 4 - Door Saloon, Blue, , , IGNITION BLUE PEARLESCENT, Gunsmoke Alcantara / Black Part Leather Sports Seats, Drivers Intelligence Pack, Delivery Miles Only, £POA,

And in my local paper today there is a mint facelifted '2004 Connoisseur SE' with '34,000' on the clock - it's even near my house, a private sale, but I thought the buyer was being a bit unrealistic wanting £4650 ovno. Gave him a call, it sounds lovely but it's turns out to be a 1.8(!), so not the right motor, and way too pricey for me. Always worth a look though.