Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th September 2022, 13:57   #61
luke83g
Regular poster

Rover 75

Hi - I'm a Rover 75 owner in Garstang, Lancashire. Are there any meets in the Lancashire / Cumbria area goign on? Be nice to meet other enthusiasts! Cheers Luke
luke83g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2022, 19:50   #62
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Ooops, missed another meet!

After a busy couple of weeks helping a friend move house, decided to take Mrs Lagetha on a run out to Cleveleys today, 1) for the sea fresh air, and 2) to collect an eBay purchase...

Completely forgot about tonight's Cat & Lion Meet... Ah well, see you all next month.

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 1st December 2022 at 16:45..
Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2022, 18:53   #63
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
After a busy couple of weeks helping a friend move house, decided to take Mrs Legatha on a run out to Cleveleys today, 1) for the sea fresh air, and 2) to collect an eBay purchase...

Completely forgot about tonight's Cat & Lion Meet... Ah well, see you all next month.

Well Kevin, if you remember tomorrow night's meeting, what will we see you arrive in? Better park under one of the lights so we can have a good butcher's.

Unfortunately, J1mbo's not gracing us with his presence (how will I find my way home, if they close the M56 again? )

I think he mumbled something about practicing for a gurning competition?

Hope to see you. Take care, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2022, 20:40   #64
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Small but Diverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke83g View Post
Hi - I'm a Rover 75 owner in Garstang, Lancashire. Are there any meets in the Lancashire / Cumbria area goign on? Be nice to meet other enthusiasts! Cheers Luke
Hi Luke
Our meetings, starting about 19:00, on the first Thursday of the month, at The Cat and Lion are usually attended by about half a dozen current and previous owners. There are rarely more than 3 x 75s in the car park.

One of our regulars goes to most of the major Owners Club events and publishes videos of them. Others go to various classic car events and have great knowledge and experience (not me!).

The days when someone in the NW Region would organise a rolling road day,a run to Guru Jules in North Wales, a trip to the Bentley factory, or even a regional family Christmas meal are things of the past though, I'm afraid. Declining numbers of the marque together with changes in the personal circumstances of members have both taken their toll.

A new face is always welcome however, if you fancy a natter, and some sustenance.

Cheers

355188 of 355194
Old 3rd November 2022, 16:17   #65
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
Well Kevin, if you remember tomorrow night's meeting, what will we see you arrive in? Better park under one of the lights so we can have a good butcher's.

Unfortunately, J1mbo's not gracing us with his presence (how will I find my way home, if they close the M56 again? )

I think he mumbled something about practicing for a gurning competition?

Hope to see you. Take care, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.
Hi Robert, I'll be there tonight in my 75. The 25 was bought in a bit of a hurry to help family out, but I thought I'd get another Rover since I've so many flat caps and humbugs laying around. Seriously if one drives a 23-year-old car, having a spare never goes amiss. Look forward to seeing everyone.

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Old 3rd November 2022, 21:13   #66
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default Next meeting 1st December?

If this is the correct date for the next meeting I'll be there (providing Tom Hobbs doesn't call her in to work his sill magic)
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2022, 00:23   #67
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
If this is the correct date for the next meeting I'll be there (providing Tom Hobbs doesn't call her in to work his sill magic)
I believe it is, I attended last evening's meet, and they all said they'd see me in December, usually the 1st Thursday, which happens to be the 1st of that month.

Old 30th November 2022, 21:32   #68
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default And It's Here Already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
I believe it is, I attended last evening's meet, and they all said they'd see me in December, usually the 1st Thursday, which happens to be the 1st of that month.
The last year (of my life) has flown by and judging from comments on other threads, I don't seem to be alone there.
The last C&L social meet of 2022 is upon us. To anyone reading this who's not going to be there tomorrow night, I hope you have a stress-free and happy festive season and hope to see you on 12th night - so don't forget to take down any decorations before you come to the January meeting!

Best Wishes and May Fortune Smile On You

Robert

355188 of 355194

Last edited by Frank Incensed; 3rd January 2023 at 23:03.. Reason: mistake
Old 3rd January 2023, 23:18   #69
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Thursday January 5th 2023

Quote:
I hope you have a stress-free and happy festive season and hope to see you on 12th night - so don't forget to take down any decorations before you come to the January meeting!

Robert
Well, it turns out J1mbo has a bad cold and I've been roped into intercity taxiing, because of the rail strikes, so neither of us will be there this Thursday.
i'm not sure if anyone else will be either, as I know at least 3, or 4 regulars had other arrangements.
All the best. I hope to see you Thurs 2nd February

Robert

355188 of 355194
Old 4th January 2023, 11:02   #70
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Well, it turns out J1mbo has a bad cold and I've been roped into intercity taxiing, because of the rail strikes, so neither of us will be there this Thursday.
i'm not sure if anyone else will be either, as I know at least 3, or 4 regulars had other arrangements.
All the best. I hope to see you Thurs 2nd February

Robert
Yep I'm full of a cold that I just can't shake off, had it since before Christmas.

Hopefully there's an improvement before Monday because I can't miss my granddaughter's 6th birthday.

See you all in February.

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote