Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th January 2021, 14:58   #11
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
You cant use your no claims on 2 vehicles but you should be able to transfer it from one to the other.

When I bought a Jag initial quotes were too expensive, so I moved my no claims from the 75 to the Jag to make it more affordable, and although that left me with no no claims on my 75 the extra I had to pay on the 75 wasn't much and still made the transfer worthwhile
I had a similar problem when I kept my dad's Volvo 740 along with my ZT, the Volvo ended up with a higher quote for insurance than the MG when I first renewed it so swapped my NCD between cars as it made a greater difference to the Volvo than the MG

There were also on a multi-car policy with Elephant but at last renewal they wanted around £700 for both of the cars, so I shopped around and got them both on separate policies with different companies and saved around £300 I think.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2021, 16:49   #12
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Had this recently when we wanted to insure the micra and Saga did'nt want to let us use the ZR's 20 years so it was %^&%$ expensive.

My view is a policy & risk is with a person not a Car ? you only have only backside .

in Our case I got so cross about it I wrote a snotty emai to saga's CEO, and surprisingly got a reply , saying if we insure at the current rate this year we can use the BIG NCB on boths cars next year.

I even managed to haggle over 100 off the original silly quote..

We will see if they stay with their promise next year.. they had better !!

C
When I lived in the UK I tried SAGA several times for a quote, Never ever got anywhere close to a sensible figure.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote