Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th February 2011, 12:13   #1
mobyjohn1956

MG ZT-T+ CDTI AUTO

Post Engine Chipped

Has anyone had there diesel engine chipped and is it worth the money, does it improve BHP and MPG?
mobyjohn1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 12:51   #2
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyjohn1956 View Post
Has anyone had there diesel engine chipped and is it worth the money, does it improve BHP and MPG?
I do believe there are a few who have ..but Re-map is a safer option as the ecu chip doesn't have to be removed .....this may be of help you get more info until a derv expert comes along

http://www.ecu-chipping.com/faqs.htm
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 13:41   #3
bramblp
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT

This engine has a lot more to give than its standard 115 BHP, so if it is more fun you want then there are several options available of which you can choose just one or combine a selection.

Options are

Official XPart software upgrade to 135 BHP
3rd party software up grade
One or more of Roverrons add ons

Roverrons addons can be used with either of the software upgrades but to get the best out of your improvement you will need to have a look at the airflow by cleaning or bypassing the EGR, modifying the air intake and maybe installing a K&N filter.
bramblp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 14:08   #4
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

synergy (aka ronbox) does make a massive performance improvement but don't expect rocket like perfomance it just lifts the car to modern standards and makes overtaking a lot less of a nail biting experience. Be aware that pushing up the fuel delivery will expose other wear and tear in the system be prepared to replace your fuel pumps if they have never been done (indeed that in itself can show a performance upgrade as to protect the high pressure pump if the low pressure fuel circuit is not up to spec the ecu restricts the amount/pressure of fuel injected ). In my experrience with an auto box car once sorted it improves economy by about 3mpg so long as you don't use all the new power all of the time!!! whether a manual would improve i'm not sure the main reason an auto improves is the 'box doesn't hold onto lower gears quite so much (although it STILL doesn't go into 5th until 45mph minimum Grrr.......)

Last edited by rossocorsa; 27th February 2011 at 14:10..
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 22:06   #5
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

I had my CDTi remapped by Evolution Chips, from 135bhp to 165bhp cost £300 about 10 months ago. Car drives like a dream and when you want it to it flies.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote