Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th October 2023, 12:07   #21
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Thanks Pete.

I'm going to miss Norfolk but hope to spend more time on the boat when she's nearer to home.
Don't know Titchmarsh Marina, but in the 1960's we used to holiday on an 85 foot MTB (innards removed - non-sea going!) which was moored at the Walton-on Naze Yacht Club. Owned by a friend of my Grandfather, it had a motor boat, rowing boat, private beach hut on the seafront, and a garage built up on a slope which avoided having to drain the cars each time the tide came over the road (several times a month I believe) all available in the package! The Club steward used to open the doors of many cars to let the water out when the owners were on longer sailing trips.

Loved Walton, but guess it has changed much. I was only a teenager. Have never been back, but have followed your mooring plans with interest, and might even visit one day to re-acquaint myself with my sister. Parents and Grandparents long since departed. Happy days.

Safe trip.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2023, 21:46   #22
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good evening Jeff, what a busy and full day you had. Thank you for inviting us to the live action on your sea passage of choppy waters, you made it in time just before darkness, relax.

Have a peaceful night.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 06:40   #23
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Don't know Titchmarsh Marina, but in the 1960's we used to holiday on an 85 foot MTB (innards removed - non-sea going!) which was moored at the Walton-on Naze Yacht Club. Owned by a friend of my Grandfather, it had a motor boat, rowing boat, private beach hut on the seafront, and a garage built up on a slope which avoided having to drain the cars each time the tide came over the road (several times a month I believe) all available in the package! The Club steward used to open the doors of many cars to let the water out when the owners were on longer sailing trips.

Loved Walton, but guess it has changed much. I was only a teenager. Have never been back, but have followed your mooring plans with interest, and might even visit one day to re-acquaint myself with my sister. Parents and Grandparents long since departed. Happy days.

Safe trip.
Hi Malcolm,

Walton hasn't changed that much in the years I have been 'next door' in Clacton on Sea

Here is a link to the History of Titchmarsh Marina. Looks like it came into being around the time you were taking your holidays there.

https://www.titchmarshmarina.co.uk/history/

If you decide to come along. Let me know and I will happily have you on board Lady Emma and take you around the Walton Backwaters, Hamford water and the Twizzle.

Last edited by coolcat; 8th November 2023 at 03:25..
coolcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 06:47   #24
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good evening Jeff, what a busy and full day you had. Thank you for inviting us to the live action on your sea passage of choppy waters, you made it in time just before darkness, relax.

Have a peaceful night.
Cheers Phil.

The drive home was fun last night as the wind and rain was persistent and took about two and a half hours. Longer than normal as an accident in Lowestoft right at rush hour closed the A47 and led to a congested diversion!

Still, I got home in time to watch the Mexican Grand Prix Qualifying so all was good
Old 29th October 2023, 06:53   #25
coolcat
This is my second home

A couple of Facebook Live videos from Yesterday.

Departing Great Yarmouth Harbour and arrival at Lowestoft Harbour...

Old 29th October 2023, 06:56   #26
coolcat
This is my second home

A couple of photos of our departure from Norfolk...

Lady Emma departing Great Yarmouth Harbour by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Lady Emma leaving Norfolk for her new home by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 29th October 2023, 09:03   #27
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well done, certainly an experience and example of your confidence. Thanks for taking us along for the ride, now "check those plenums"!
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 11:14   #28
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Hi Malcolm,

Walton hasn't changed that much in the years I have been 'next door' in Clacton on Sea

Here is a link to the History of Titchmarsh Marina. Looks like it came into being around the time you were taking your holidays there.

If you decide to come along. Let me know and I will apply have yo on board Lady Emma and take you around the Walton Backwaters, Hamford water and the Twizzle.
That's a super offer, Jeff. Won't be this year, but maybe in 2024! The history link you sent was most interesting. My holidays there must have been up to 1964 because I remember my father had a Wolseley 6/80 at the time, which was changed for an Austin Westminster A99 late in 1964 - we couldn't afford new!

Hope Lady Emma will like her new home!
Old 29th October 2023, 11:20   #29
coolguy
Coolguy

Quote:
Hi Malcolm,

If you decide to come along. Let me know and I will apply have yo on board Lady Emma and take you around the Walton Backwaters, Hamford water and the Twizzle.
Thanks for such a super offer, Jeff - I may well take you up on it next year! The link to the history of the Titchmarsh marina was very interesting. My last holiday there must have been in 1964, as I remember that my Father had a Wolseley 6/80 at the time which only just fitted the garage on the hill! He changed this for an Austin A99 Westminster in 1964 - we couldn't afford new!

Hope all goes well and that Lady Emma enjoys her new home.
Old 29th October 2023, 15:15   #30
coolcat
This is my second home

Lady Emma security camera picked up the motion of the boat yesterday