Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st April 2019, 21:14   #21
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Hopefully Vauxhall dealerships will not suffer from the same, whingeing customer base as their PSA corporate partners, although, apart from 1 experience on behalf of a female friend of Peugeot trying to dodge work that should have been carried out under warranty, most of the reported claims of bad attitude have been against a variety of Renault dealers. Last time I used a French car dealer was the Citroen dealers in Blackburn to do a full service including all belts and check on my recently purchased second-hand Xantia. The car was returned on time, fully valeted, at the quoted price (no "unforseen extras") and ran without problems for the 3 years I owned it. With top spec, and full leather, that VSX TD was as comfortable and luxurious as the Rover.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:45   #22
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
My local Lloyds Pharmacy scored 100% customer satisfaction after a recent audit yet the service in there is shocking and one member of staff is just plain rude. Reliable audit? I think not.
As for Peugeot, have they got their act together now? Was the quality out of The Ryton factory just not good enough? Is it one of the reasons why it closed?
You can design 'audits' and surveys to tell you what ever you want them to!!, so please don't rely on these to guide you to purchasing anything, go with what you know for yourself. I can over engineer anything, it doesn't make it reliable, because you can over engineer poor reliability BUILT into the product.!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:28   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
You can design 'audits' and surveys to tell you what ever you want them to!!, so please don't rely on these to guide you to purchasing anything, go with what you know for yourself. I can over engineer anything, it doesn't make it reliable, because you can over engineer poor reliability BUILT into the product.!

Reliability is for boring people who lack ambition, aspiration and the desire to push boundaries. Ditto Japanese and Korean cars. They lack excitement and class. Perfectly fine if that is all a person desires in life.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 18:24   #24
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Reliability is for boring people who lack ambition, aspiration and the desire to push boundaries. Ditto Japanese and Korean cars. They lack excitement and class. Perfectly fine if that is all a person desires in life.
If you can't break it you need to try harder......some would say.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:27   #25
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
No my friend reliability means I will be home having a cup of tea, whilst you are waiting for the recovery van on a dark wet cold November's night, on some slip road, or on a French motorways, with a car full of disappointed kids, holidays ruined, as for excitement, well if you get yours by driving a car, clearly you have a great deal of growing up to do.

The Japanese build cars to a philosophy, they can build and they DO anything the Germans do and better, they just choose not to. A nation that is capable of building a train that can travel at over 200mph, reliably as long ago as 1964 ( whilst the rest of the world was using steam is capable of doing anything.!
Enjoy your day, and try not to get too excited.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:39   #26
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
No my friend reliability means I will be home having a cup of tea, whilst you are waiting for the recovery van on a dark wet cold November's night, on some slip road, or on a French motorways, with a car full of disappointed kids, holidays ruined, as for excitement, well if you get yours by driving a car, clearly you have a great deal of growing up to do.

The Japanese build cars to a philosophy, they can build and they DO anything the Germans do and better, they just choose not to. A nation that is capable of building a train that can travel at over 200mph, reliably as long ago as 1964 ( whilst the rest of the world was using steam is capable of doing anything.!
Enjoy your day, and try not to get too excited.

If you are happy with your Honda Jazz or something similar - great.

I'll stick to my aspiration to drive an XF, CLS or an E63.

Tell me - do you work in a library?

Last edited by MSS; 23rd April 2019 at 17:43..
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:13   #27
timon
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
The world of motoring claims are built on people’s stories often untrue or bits added to for affect. I owned Citroen cars for eighteen years and couldn’t fault the dealer in Forres. Parts guy Nick was brilliant as was Ian in service. The Renault dealer in Forres at the time had the same reputation. People’s experience with dealers is usually associated with an attitude that people have when they first go in. Seen it too many times with people thinking they know better than the staff do and it only gets worse
Can't agree. I always pretend to know nothing and most times it results into people trying to sell you nonsense.

Besides, many mechanics don't seem to care one bit about the work they deliver. Hence I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.
timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 17:39   #28
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by timon View Post
Can't agree. I always pretend to know nothing and most times it results into people trying to sell you nonsense.

Besides, many mechanics don't seem to care one bit about the work they deliver. Hence I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.
Whilst some mechanics would undoubtedly fall into the category you describe, I have always managed to find a good mechanic, plumber, builder etc. and build up a long-term trusting relationship.

Most people respond to how the public deals with them in a like manner.

Equally, if you want to see people trying to take others for a ride and generally behaving like complete ignorant idiots, just send a day listening to calls into any service centre or sitting in a repair shop of some sort. Most reasonable people would be shocked at the appalling behaviour of a significant percentage of the public.