Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th September 2012, 17:15   #11
jondonwar
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon connoisseur se cdti

Smile tow bar with parking sensors

Hi all does anybody know where to get a proper electrics wiring loom to fit a 2004 saloon conny se ,i was thinking of getting a tow bar and electrics kit with a relay from towequipe is this the best place to buy from, does rover sell the correct part ? regards jondonwar
jondonwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 19:28   #12
jondonwar
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon connoisseur se cdti

Default Mgr tow kit

can you trll me the price the mgr tow kit was and what you acually get for your money cheers
jondonwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 21:18   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondonwar View Post
Hi all does anybody know where to get a proper electrics wiring loom to fit a 2004 saloon conny se ,i was thinking of getting a tow bar and electrics kit with a relay from towequipe is this the best place to buy from, does rover sell the correct part ? regards jondonwar
Buy a pukka kit for the basic socket from Towsure, they were around £140. Do not buy what they suggest is the pukka supplementary socket from them, it is actually nothing more than a poor partial kit, using a basic relay rather than the more expensive voltage sensing relay. Just buy one from a parts outlet for half of the price.

The £140 includes the can-bus module, the cables to the socket, socket, the extra crimp pin to plug into the LSM - and maybe the long wires to the front of the car(?).

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 4th September 2012 at 21:21..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 15:47   #14
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

The Towequipe kit consists of a BMW/seimens module which looks OEM and a wiring loom which is not. It might actually be a really good kit in that everything is included and you don't need an additional link kit, but I don't know yet. I've left it in the hands of the Towequipe technical department who will hopefully get back to me.
The wiring loom has wires which scotchlock to the rear lamps, some earth connections, A plug for the control module, a wire to the lighting module and a thick, black wire labeled with "30+" on the instructions which (on the BMW) go to a connector behind the glovebox fusebox. I assume this in the live feed to the control module. If it is what is the best way to connect it. I have found the Orange/slate wire, can I solder it to that or is there a better method (presumably it needs a fuse)?
JonMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 16:00   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMs View Post
and a thick, black wire labeled with "30+" on the instructions which (on the BMW) go to a connector behind the glovebox fusebox. I assume this in the live feed to the control module. If it is what is the best way to connect it. I have found the Orange/slate wire, can I solder it to that or is there a better method (presumably it needs a fuse)?
Yes, you can solder to it, but it may not be connected at the under bonnet fuse panel. I cannot remember whether a fuse was essential or not, but one was added as a neat means to joint the cable anyway.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 6th September 2012 at 16:28..
Old 7th September 2012, 14:16   #16
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Hmmm. The wire is not connected to the engine fuse box either. Looks like I might need a link kit. Or.......could I just use a piggyback fuse to connect to an existing fuse in the passenger fuse box?
Old 7th September 2012, 14:36   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMs View Post
Hmmm. The wire is not connected to the engine fuse box either. Looks like I might need a link kit. Or.......could I just use a piggyback fuse to connect to an existing fuse in the passenger fuse box?
No, it needs a high level of current, so it does need to connect at the main fuse board. The fuse panel just unbolts and one side can be lifted to allow you to find that wire and connect it. I cannot now remember what I did to connect it, so it cannot have been too difficult. Maybe it was just a matter of plugging the spade onto a terminal?

Old 7th September 2012, 15:00   #18
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

That's a shame. It looks like I will have to buy the link kit because this has the plugs that I will need to connect the orange/slate wire to the fuseboxes. On my car they don't have plugs attached.
Thanks for your help with this Harry.
Old 7th September 2012, 15:03   #19
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

From memory !! then is a purple or pink plastic plug supplied in one of the OME wiring kits that you need for this fit!

You lift up the engine bay fuse box and find the heavy orange/green(?) wire tucked into the harness that conects to the underneath of the F/Box (its folded back into the harness and has a small plastic bag over it!!) this fits into the plug supplied with the kit and then the plug is fitted to IIRC !! the frontmost position in the F/B !! - it will only fit in one place and you can remove the others to get best access as they will only go back one way so you cant muddle them up!!

HTH??

Andy

Edit!! Ahh yes orange/slate wire thats the one!!
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 15:12   #20
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Thanks again!