Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st September 2012, 14:51   #291
bigcar
Loves to post

Sep 2003 Rover 75 Club SE, 105000 Miles

I can’t believe it... out of 20,206 people that have viewed this petition only 289 have filled out there disgust at being robbed by greedy millionaire Government layabouts, that claim back almost every penny they ever spend living the high-life, using crooked/selfish and unjust expenses, that no other UK working man/woman are allowed to claim, Everything you buy is fuel related; it is foolish not to fill in the form, because, only if our cries are heard and every MPs thinks there is a chance their JOB could be threatened and that they could be replaced by an independent politician will they follow the majority of the people here in the UK. Try and remember... We pay their wages and they bank it all; then they live on expenses that we also give them. It’s not rocket science they must be brought back down to earth and work for the benefit of all, that’s what they are paid for.
Old 21st September 2012, 15:00   #292
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Unfortunately it just show's what a good brain-washing job the LibLabCon have done on the Electorate over the last 64 years!

The biggest con was when petrol was re-priced from gallons into Litres!

For example; £1.389 a Litre (which it is currently at my local Sainsbury's) equates to £6.20 a gallon!!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 15:25   #293
bigcar
Loves to post

Sep 2003 Rover 75 Club SE, 105000 Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Unfortunately it just show's what a good brain-washing job the LibLabCon have done on the Electorate over the last 64 years!

The biggest con was when petrol was re-priced from gallons into Litres!

For example; £1.389 a Litre (which it is currently at my local Sainsbury's) equates to £6.20 a gallon!!
The downfall of our once great country started the day we changed over to DECIMALIZATION! Unfortunaly at 69yrs old I will never witness the UK ever become great again, unless we get rid of the totally corrupt EU. We have become a nation of sheep.
Old 29th September 2012, 16:19   #294
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcar View Post
I can’t believe it... out of 20,206 people that have viewed this petition only 289 have filled out there disgust at being robbed by greedy millionaire Government layabouts, that claim back almost every penny they ever spend living the high-life, using crooked/selfish and unjust expenses, that no other UK working man/woman are allowed to claim, Everything you buy is fuel related; it is foolish not to fill in the form, because, only if our cries are heard and every MPs thinks there is a chance their JOB could be threatened and that they could be replaced by an independent politician will they follow the majority of the people here in the UK. Try and remember... We pay their wages and they bank it all; then they live on expenses that we also give them. It’s not rocket science they must be brought back down to earth and work for the benefit of all, that’s what they are paid for.
I think the lack of signatures is due to a combination of apathy and the futility in which people see these type of petitions.I have the greatest respect for the organisers,at least seen to be trying to do something about the cost of our fuel.One million people took to the streets to protest against the invasion of Iraq.Did the government listen?

IMO,the ONLY thing that would bring the cost (tax) down is if we simply stopped buying the ,en masse, for a week or two.And that is just not going to happen

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 17:24   #295
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Guy Fawkes had the right idea!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:12   #296
samurai
Regular poster

Rover75 saloon

Just signed , i hope itll do some good , were paying for the last governments mistakes and this government are very good at fleecing drivers .
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 22:59   #297
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Well perhaps so few have signed up is because the vast majority know that taxes are inevitable and fuel duty is at least a voluntary tax. We decide the type of car we drive and the amount we drive it. I pay much more in council tax than I do for petrol and I can do nothing about it - well I could move but to do that I would have to pay tens of thousand in Stamp Duty for the privilige. I have no control over the amount of income tax I pay. Damn it, I paid more Air Passenger Duty on my holiday flights last year that I did on petrol.

Successive governments of all colours have been telling us for at least 20 years that they want to curb demand for petrol and road space and that the price mechanism is the favoured route they will follow.

Some get the messages, others, mercifully few, do not....just another point of view folks!
Rickoshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 22:14   #298
jondonwar
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon connoisseur se cdti

thats me signed up, will get my family to sign as well
jondonwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:15   #299
MattyC
Gets stuck in

MG6 1.8 Turbo TSE in Burnt Orange

I may go against the tide of opinion here, but the price of fuel doesn't really bother me. If anything, it's helped me out, as it's knocked all these good-for-nothing doleys and the like off the road, as they can't afford the insurance and fuel, so it gives me a reason why I go to work every morning and pay my tax to subsidise their asses (I can afford to drive and they can't), and I've noticed over the past 5 years, that although there is more cars on the road, the roads in general, seem quieter????!

But yeah, I'm not really bothered about the fuel duty; but then, I would be happy to pay even more tax, so long as it was spent on the right things, instead of the ***** it's spent on atm.

Mods: 17" meteor wheels | Steve916's Auto boot lifters | Leather electric memory seats | Dynavin Android DD Headunit | MG7 grille (was a V8 grille, long story!) | SEAT Leon Cupra splitter (colour coded) | ZT sideskirts | BigRuss/marinabrian 160 remap | Roverron Synergy 2A | Arctics Modified Handbrake Compensator

Thanks to those who've helped, providing advice and info, supplying/manufacturing parts, even fitting things for me!
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:27   #300
Ratty
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT CDTI Honda Jazz 1.4 Auto

just signed
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote