Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th March 2013, 21:43   #21
jondonwar
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon connoisseur se cdti

Talking

Hi iv been using it for years and would not use anything else, its so easy to wipe on and off and it give a real good shine, merceedes dealers use the stuff, you get it from ideal world on the tv regards to everyone jondonwar
jondonwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 23:59   #22
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Aka Snap Seal.

We swear by it here locally!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 06:42   #23
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Lets get one thing clear, regular washing with these products WILL scratch your paint. It will leave it full of swirl marks. On light paint you often cant see these very clearly, and often people just think they are part of car ownership, but they aren't.

Most of these products contain huge amounts of filler oils that mask these fine scratches, and give a high gloss, but they are cheats only and do not last very long. I wouldnt ever use them on anything but clean paint to give a glossy boost, but never ever as a wash for dirty paint.
Old 11th March 2013, 07:11   #24
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Showroom shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
Lets get one thing clear, regular washing with these products WILL scratch your paint. It will leave it full of swirl marks. On light paint you often cant see these very clearly, and often people just think they are part of car ownership, but they aren't.

Most of these products contain huge amounts of filler oils that mask these fine scratches, and give a high gloss, but they are cheats only and do not last very long. I wouldnt ever use them on anything but clean paint to give a glossy boost, but never ever as a wash for dirty paint.
That is not my experience.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 07:32   #25
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

I use it but always wash car first.Easy to put on easy to get off
The only promlem I found if the sprae gete into gaps like the grille it leaves waxy spot you cant reach to polish off.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 07:39   #26
BlueTrophy
Loves to post

Volvo V50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I use it but always wash car first.Easy to put on easy to get off
The only promlem I found if the sprae gete into gaps like the grille it leaves waxy spot you cant reach to polish off.
Old credit card with microfibre cloth wrapped around it seems to get into the sills down the sides of the car quite nicely.
BlueTrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 08:35   #27
jaygee
Avid contributor

Jaguar XJ6 SE.3.0 x350 also a Mitsubishi Outlander 04 reg 2.4 sport 4x4 in silver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I bought 2x 1litre bottles and 4 free microfibre cloths for £25 a while back (now £30). It really is that good. It lasts for ages. I still have a full bottle as I am lazy and use the £5 car cleaning service down the road (which is not as good), but will be using it on the Harley for definate.

I bottle and two microfibre cloths £17.99 if you want to try it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greased-Ligh...2951216&sr=1-1

Full range
http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/vi...cts.php?set=32

Try this site you can get 5 ltrs + cloths and spray bottle for the price of a bottle of Spray and Shine

http://www.readytovalet.com/5_LITRE_...7_1635812.aspx this is a really great site for car stuff....
regards
Jaygee....
Old 11th March 2013, 08:53   #28
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:

That makes perfect sense to me.
I live in a rural area and usually have mud and grit to deal with.
Rubbing this, without rinsing first, has to scratch the paintwork.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 09:27   #29
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Yes it absolutely DOES scratch, but as i said it masks the damage and can leave a nice, if rather oily looking gloss. I never said they dont leave a nice finish, just that they are damaging the paint. Even washing normally will leave scratches, its unavoidable.

There is a reason why the quality detailing brands dont make these products.

These products are just pumped up quick detailers with oily ingredients that give a low durability gloss, they actually work like SRP in that they use fills to hide swirls..

They seem fine until you wash them off properly, at which point your car looks like it been attacked with wire wool. these products really are the modern equivalent of wiping down the paint with an oily rag.
Old 11th March 2013, 09:33   #30
handyjackdaniels
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 v6 in firefrost red

Quote:
Yes it absolutely DOES scratch, but as i said it masks the damage and can leave a nice, if rather oily looking gloss. I never said they dont leave a nice finish, just that they are damaging the paint. Even washing normally will leave scratches, its unavoidable.

There is a reason why the quality detailing brands dont make these products.

These products are just pumped up quick detailers with oily ingredients that give a low durability gloss, they actually work like SRP in that they use fills to hide swirls..

They seem fine until you wash them off properly, at which point your car looks like it been attacked with wire wool. these products really are the modern equivalent of wiping down the paint with an oily rag.
Was tempted for a few minutes then!
Have spent a few months getting my car as I want it, and a few other jobs. In desperate need of a good clean and shine!
handyjackdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote