Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th June 2014, 13:37   #31
Doc Evil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Classic Saloon

Hi Neil
Tied up till next weekend, can do it on Saturday next! I will pm you my email address and phone number then can sort out times etc

Doc
Old 29th June 2014, 09:20   #32
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Evil View Post
Hi Neil
Tied up till next weekend, can do it on Saturday next! I will pm you my email address and phone number then can sort out times etc

Doc
I'm busy as well so no problem.

Neil
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 10:17   #33
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

I hate Rad Weld! I bought a jag a few years ago and on the way home found a small hole in the rad and a bottle of used Rad Weld in the boot. Also found the heater not working due to the heater valve being blocked.

Here's my Jag heater valve-
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 16:37   #34
Doc Evil
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.h View Post
I hate Rad Weld! I bought a jag a few years ago and on the way home found a small hole in the rad and a bottle of used Rad Weld in the boot. Also found the heater not working due to the heater valve being blocked.

Here's my Jag heater valve-
They say it doesn't block anything up but there's the proof
Don't like it myself unless used as an emergency measure and then fix, good clean out and flush after you get home

I have evidence of k seal in mine still and its been drained 3 times Will power flush mine when I do Neils next weekend see if I can't finally eradicate the bleeping stuff

Doc
Old 10th July 2014, 19:57   #35
Doc Evil
Gets stuck in

Cool Feedback

Hi Everyone
just though I would bring you up to speed on the outcome of Neil's visit to me
I made some basic checks to the vehicle, thermostat opening at 88, fan operating correctly on low speed, hoses all feel hot in the right places!
I had already checked the coolant level and the evidence of "Rad Weld"
There where a few and I mean a few copper particles floating in the expansion tank, I then showed Neil my expansion tank which had 10 fold more copper in the system and has been replaced 3 times since purchase and flushed out.
I told Neil that I thought it would be a waste of time to flush the system at the moment at least until I have picked up my Vacuum Purge kit in a weeks time as it is likely I could introduce an air lock and cause more issues

Conclusions to be drawn from this is that if you spot copper in the expansion tank don't immediately jump to the conclusion that it has suffered HGF the only sure fire thing you can say is that at some stage in the vehicles life k seal or similar has been used in the system! It would appear that K seal will hang around till the end of time!!

I am in the process of writing a definitive guide to the K series HGF Syndrome and how people are mis diagnosing this and how the cooling system can lead you to believe this is the case

Any how Neil went away happy that he didn't have any issues and has a nice example which appears to be in good nick, he has also been shown how to use the IPK display to bring up the temp

And yes Tea was consummed

Doc
Old 11th July 2014, 06:19   #36
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Hi Everyone
I made some basic checks to the vehicle, thermostat opening at 88, fan operating correctly on low speed, hoses all feel hot in the right places!
There where a few and I mean a few copper particles floating in the expansion tank, I then showed Neil my expansion tank which had 10 fold more copper in the system and has been replaced 3 times since purchase and flushed out.
I told Neil that I thought it would be a waste of time to flush the system at the moment at least until I have picked up my Vacuum Purge kit in a weeks time as it is likely I could introduce an air lock and cause more issues

Conclusions to be drawn from this is that if you spot copper in the expansion tank don't immediately jump to the conclusion that it has suffered HGF the only sure fire thing you can say is that at some stage in the vehicles life k seal or similar has been used in the system! It would appear that K seal will hang around till the end of time!!

I am in the process of writing a definitive guide to the K series HGF Syndrome and how people are mis diagnosing this and how the cooling system can lead you to believe this is the case

Any how Neil went away happy that he didn't have any issues and has a nice example which appears to be in good nick, he has also been shown how to use the IPK display to bring up the temp

Doc
The only conclusion I would draw would be that there is "stuff" in the coolant.
I would only make any further deductions, if I had personally added the "stuff", and thus knew what it was and how it got there.
The world is full of people who assume. That only makes an ass of u and me.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 06:35   #37
johnnyb44

Rover 75

In the past i used to add K seal to all my cars just as a precaution ( silly me ) so this may be the case with yours too. I also used a product called water wetter that claimed to make the cooling system run cooler
When i think back of the money I've wasted on these miracle cures over the years , it makes me want to cry into my cereal bowl.
Old 11th July 2014, 08:19   #38
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Doc
Hi Doc,

I put up a post here to say how happy I was, maybe I should have added it onto here instead .
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=188718

I've had past experience of radweld/k-seal, horrible stuff that it is, trying to get rid of it is a nightmare.

Neil
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote