Notices

Old 10th March 2015, 11:06   #65281
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
When I ran a care home off the Seven Sisters Road in Hackney Rod, our next door neighbours were operating a brothel. It was in an estate cul-de-sac and it was worst at night with the 'comings and goings'. The girls were Russian and slutty, but friendly. The neighbours all got together + with video evidence, the police and council eventually closed them down for good and they left. I hope my story helps. What an appalling set up for you and Angela to have to endure.
Where did you go for entertainment after it was shut down.

LADY IN RED

Last edited by freddie; 10th March 2015 at 11:21..
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 11:08   #65282
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard680 View Post
...The trams do a great job!
Yes, they provide a valuable service
Old 10th March 2015, 11:12   #65283
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Where did you go for entertain fter it was shut down.
It is funny, they were always polite to us except on one occasion, when one of our service users had an encounter and refused to pay the young lady of the night. Mmm they were both on a sticky wicket
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 11:14   #65284
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

What Rod hasn't admitted is the Police got the wrong house number, they're investigating a pork pie smuggling ring!

Got the farcical situation of cyclists in Edinburgh suing the tram authority because they've got their wheels caught in the tram rails and gone ass over t1t!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 11:24   #65285
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
What Rod hasn't admitted is the Police got the wrong house number, they're investigating a pork pie smuggling ring!

Got the farcical situation of cyclists in Edinburgh suing the tram authority because they've got their wheels caught in the tram rails and gone ass over t1t!
Just after the war my mum got here wheels jammed in the tram lines went over the handle bars crashing into the cobble stones had to have all her teeth removed. Ouch

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 11:49   #65286
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
I expect to see you on the next series of "Neighbours from Hell"
It's so frustrating Steve - our next door neighbour at the other side has been there all the time we've lived here - and she is the total, absolute opposite to the other renegades. We don't live in each other's pockets, but we both know that help (or whatever) is there if we need it.
I now can't be bothered to talk to the guy the other side - apart from anything else, I get sick of hearing the 'f'' word at least three times in every sentence - even when there are kids around

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 11:50   #65287
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post

You'd be amazed what SWMBO grows in pots in the greenhouse

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 11:55   #65288
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Never forget the story I read a while ago. Elderly couple with a wee West Highland terrier, noticed a strange smell, the dog would sleep for hours on end then wake up ravenous. Eventually they reported the smell to the local authority . . . . the house next door contained a cannabis farm and the "fumes" were coming through into their house! The wee dog basically spent most of its day stoned and when it woke up it had a severe case of the munchies!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 12:01   #65289
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - eventually
Just recovering from the shock of what I believe was a police drugs raid on the house next door
The occupants are a bit odd - to say the least. Sometimes, there are just the guy and his wife there, plus her 7 year old daughter by a previous liaison. Other times, you can add the guy's son and daughter by a previous liaison and his father. Oh - and they hve one of those pit bull type dogs - which never goes out for a walk, but patrols the back garden all day.
Of late, there's been another 'lodger' - who does nothing, apart from nipping out on his bike for a couple of hours at a time and making regular use of the frying pan in the kitchen.
This morning the boys in blue arrived - couple ran around the back of the hose, presumably to cut off any sudden exits, whilst the others went to the front door. Half an hour later - the 'lodger' is in the back of the police van - and one of the bobbies is carrying a large white carrier bag.
It's very sad really - I have lived here for 36 years, and it has always been a typical edge of town estate - nice green field surroundings, neighbours who always stop to pass the time of day, almost 100% crime free.
Inj the past 10 years or so, a number of the houses have been bought by a local 'propert developer' - who then rents them out to anyine who'll pay his fees. He never bothers to check that the houses aren't falling into disrepair - as long as he gets his monthly income - that is all he wants.
We've had illegal off-road motorbikes being used on the roads, 'revenge' attacks by ex-boyfriends with bricks through windows, un-taxed cars parked on the pavement for months on end - and when the guy next door gets together with his matss - the foulest language you could wish to hear, both loudly and in public - and I am NOT a prude!
The Rover has a load of scratches and dinks on one side - mostly down to a variety of 8 to 14 year old kids with bikes who have obviously never been taught/brought up to respect other peoples property.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not in any way decrying people who rent houses - I have friends & relatives who do, and they take excellent care of them, just as if they were there own. The people I'm havng a go at are the small minority who don't give a stuff about anybody (or anything) other than themselves - unfortunately, we seem to have got 3 of that minority in houses within 250 yards of us.
Sorry - rant over - I'll go and sit in a darkened room
One word for you Rod.

MOVE.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 12:20   #65290
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Jeff

I saw a question you asked about the BTCC in August. I am sorry I did not reply.

I asked Jessica and said "is this where the little cars go buzzing around in circles and if you want to go, that is fine" Jessica said she would go to be polite even though it is not her thing lol
Hi Phil,

Well if I can get Ros along as well and maybe Steve brings Mrs W44nty they won't feel left out