Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th May 2018, 20:07   #51
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondonwar View Post
Hi just bought a can of this from ebay same brand as you recommened , is there any danger of this getting into electric connectors behind the dash ?, as phil the barrow sad he had to re solder 38 wires as a short caused problems , im weary of using the stuff now after ordering £15.15 for the can ,thanks for posting regards john
Not sure who you are asking- as mentioned in the thread, DO NOT USE TOO MUCH.
I would be wary of putting it in through the vents after Phil's experience. Others suggest the drain tubes accessed under the car- I went in through the evaporator side panel in the passenger footwell so I could see how much I was putting in. I removed the vent cover, the carpet side panel and the lower four (of six ) screws. This allowed me to wedge the cover ajar and squirt in the amount of foam that I could see was needed.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by bigblue75; 25th May 2018 at 17:49.. Reason: autocorrect correction
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2018, 21:11   #52
jondonwar
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon connoisseur se cdti

Hi guys iv canceled my order for the Klima air con cleaner dont want to chance anything going wrong after what happened to other member phil having to solder all those wires,think i"ll leave well alone. thanks for the advice. regards
john

Last edited by jondonwar; 24th May 2018 at 21:13..
jondonwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 22:56   #53
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I've just ordered some Klima-Clean from the bay as l'd like to banish the full-hoover bag smell my recirculation button brings out.
I was under the car last week & the aircon drain pipes are quite accessible though l may decide to try the footwell vent method. I also need a compressor too though so my aircon isn't in action at present which will soon be rectified hopefully.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2018, 14:47   #54
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default New pollen filter

Just to update, after cleaning the air con evaporator matrix again the car had odour free air conditioning but I still had a hint of wet dog/ full hoover bag/ sweaty feet when the unit was set to economy and recirculation was off.
A new carbon activated pollen filter has sorted the problem (opie oils LAK243 Mahle) and I'm looking forward to a summer of cool fresh clean air.
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2018, 08:24   #55
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
I was under the car last week & the aircon drain pipes are quite accessible though l may decide to try the footwell vent method.
Gary; you might find this method interesting as I’m not sure that trying to thread the application tube from the end of the drain hose will be practical.
Quote:
I also need a compressor too ...
Are you sure about that? What’s the history of your problem and who diagnosed the compressor?

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 5th June 2018 at 07:52.. Reason: Correcting fault with link
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2018, 02:19   #56
The Rovering Member

Rover 75 saloon

I can't access that link, Simon.

Andy (Shiner on here) diagnosed the compressor fault. He said it's not switching in properly & likely has a good replacement. I also have a new condenser to be fitted as mine is falling apart so l'm hoping to pay him a visit at his new work premises soon to get the system up & running again.

Old 5th June 2018, 07:53   #57
SD1too

Quote:
I can't access that link, Simon.
Sorry, duly corrected.

Simon
Old 5th June 2018, 12:25   #58
The Rovering Member

Rover 75 saloon

Ah, that's better. Thank you, Simon. I was wondering about removal of the pipes to avoid the kinks but that method of doing it from the footwells seems the way to go. I generally only get the smell in recirculation mode, either with aircon' or econ in action. I'm wondering whether l should use the spray when it arrives or wait until the aircon system is functioning properly?

Old 5th June 2018, 20:39   #59
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I had a slight pong beginning in my car, so went on the net after reading the first post on this. I found a site that was selling Wynns aircon pong cleaner.It was in 250ml cans, enough for two cleans. This was for 12 cans, and was the princely sum of £19.99, free delivery. And it really works. I took the pollen filter out, chance to see what it was like, and vac the plenum out at the same time. Filter not that bad but still changed it, always carry a spare in the shed. This then revealed the large hole that lurks behind it. Suggested one way of doing the job is to remove the pollen filter, and spray half a canister into the hole where the filter was.Turn the heater on, put it on cold and fast speed, and make sure, in our case, that the light on the recirculating button is off, so you are only drawing air from outside the car. I sprayed half a can into the hole in bursts of around 3 seconds for three minutes and now have a smell free car. The company I bought it from was:- Westway Lubricants
Old 6th June 2018, 07:11   #60
SD1too

Quote:
I'm wondering whether l should use the spray when it arrives or wait until the aircon system is functioning properly?
I can’t see that it would make any difference Gary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I found a site that was selling Wynns aircon pong cleaner ... one way of doing the job is to remove the pollen filter, and spray half a canister into the hole where the filter was.
There are two types of air conditioning ‘cleaner’ David: the odour treatment and the bactericide. The method you have described is fine for dispensing a gas into the system but it won’t work for the bactericide which is a foam (I believe) designed to be applied ideally directly to the evaporator surface. The can is supplied with an application tube for this purpose. I’m not sure which type Gary has bought.

Simon